Webley fx2000

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
A mate of mine is giving up shooting. He asked me if I wanted to buy his air rifle. I have not shot one for years and I am no expert. I wondered if someone could tell me if its a good deal or not.

Webley fx2000 .22 , bbmf silencer, 3l 300 bar filling kit, 3-9x50 scope, bipod, bag + extras, serivce kits etc.

All for around £300.

I have shot the rifle and the acuracy is very good. Much better then the springer i had when I was a boy, lol

It's something I have always been interested in but never got around/spare cash for. He has offered to teach me how to hunt and shoot. Wether or not I will be able to shoot a fluffy bunny is another matter. :)

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
I don't know, I will have to ask him. It's in great condition. I think he as looked after it well. He told me he will give me the chrono as well, as the power can be adjusted.

I don't imagine there is too much wear, he used to have a FAC and owned a few guns etc. But because of all the hassle these days he gave it all up.

What should I avoid, pellet number wise.

The Webley FX2000 is around £480 new and will usually come with a silencer.

Anything under £500 would be a good price second hand (so long as it is in reasonable condition) for the full kit - INCLUDING the pump.

Am I right in saying that your mate wants £160 odd quid for the pump and £470 odd for the rifle/silencer/scope?

Also I just found this on www.gunauction.co.uk:
" Webley FX2000, pre charge .22, excellent condition.This rifle is complete with silencer, stirrup-pump, gun-slip, pellets,everything to get started. This is a supreme air rifle, bought all for£600+, under 4 yrs ago. Easily converted to FAC (Licence permitting).Just read the reviews on this rifle. Less than 500 shots fired.Selling due to 12 bore purchase. This is a bargain! " It's on for over £340 (although it's an auction so the reserve is not yet met! - I would email the owner and ask how much he wants for it - that'll give you a great comparison for your mate's rifle.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
He wants £300 ish for the lot (Webley fx2000 .22 , bbmf silencer, 3l 300 bar filling kit, 3-9x50 scope, bipod, bag + extras, serivce kits etc.)

He as the scuba tank you use to fill it with, Not a pump I dont think.

It seems like a good price. I just don't know much about the different makes.

He knows his stuff and tells me it's really good, I trust him. I just wanted to ask on here, I know alot of you shoot so I thought you might know things I should look out for.

In that case it's definitely a good deal!

The diving tanks are better for filling up - much more convenient really, but you'll need to know somewhere nearby that can fill them for you (not expensive) - usually a dive shop or shooting shop.

Happy hunting! :)

Stumpy

Jun 8, 2005
Outskirts of Dundee
The price for all the kit is very reasonable. A hidden cost and something to dwell on is that the 3l bottle has to be tested every 30 months and costs approx £35.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I have one of these rifles and it is a fantastic piece of kit,a great hunting rifle.Very accurate,great balance/steady inthe shoulder,great trigger,simple and reliable.They are allso a very handsome looking rifle in my opinion.That is a great price my friend,I would say go for it,I doubt very much that you will be disapointed with it.I love mine.

M

mikehill

Stumpy said:
The price for all the kit is very reasonable. A hidden cost and something to dwell on is that the 3l bottle has to be tested every 30 months and costs approx £35.
Have rules changed ? I thought it was 5 years :confused:
Mike.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
It's 5 years unless the tank is used in the water (as i understand it) unless the rules have changes in the last 6 months since i got rid of mine :confused:

Great little rifles, used one in the past and was very impressed with.

Sounds like a fair price too.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I have had a good look round the web and it is 5 years from the date it was made if for air rifle use.

If it is to be used in fresh/salt water applications then the testing is every 2 1/2 years.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
There are 2 different tests for bottles.

For diving you have a visual test every 2.5 years. (they just take the valve off and use a long light to check for corrosion)

Then a hydrostaic (pressure test) every 5 years. They just pump water in and see if it blows up. This test is more expensive.

The foot pumps sounds good as well. How many times do you have to pump to fill a pcp rifle?

Stumpy

Jun 8, 2005
Outskirts of Dundee
Most folks with pcp's air weapons prefer the air bottle to the pump. The pump is hard work and a greater source of contamination if filters on the pump s are missing or dirty.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
I just talked to him, he wants 300 quid for the lot. Loads of extras it seems. Its a deal hard to be missed. I just need to find 300 quid, lol come on santa.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE