Web-Tex Warrior Compact Stove vs MSR Pocket Rocket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi - I've recently bought an MSR Pocket Rocket gas stove (pre-loved) from eBay for a reasonable price but following a link on here to Lakeland Bushcraft came across Web-Tex Warrior stove.

The two look almost identical but the Web-Tex one being about half the price so was wondering if anyone here has experience of both? Which one is better for say fuel efficiency, ruggedness, stability (probably based on the cannister used). Any other comments for either?

Cheers,
Gibbo.

Last edited:

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Hi - I've recently bought an MSR Pocket Rocket gas stove (pre-loved) from eBay for a reasonable price but following a link on here to Lakeland Bushcraft came across Web-Tex Warrior stove.

The two look almost identical but the Web-Tex one being about half the price so was wondering if anyone here experience of both? Which one is better for say fuel efficiency, ruggedness, stability (probably based on the cannister used). Any other comments for either?

Cheers,
Gibbo.

Yip i have used both and as far as i cant see no differance in burn time or consumption in gas

Jason

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I have had both,the tech specs say the MSR has a slightly higher btu output.In reality there is no difference between the two,apart from price and colour.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
I got the MSR and rate it but no experience of the Web Tex one I'm afraid.

It was discounted at Field and Trek when I bought mine some time ago.

I believe the stove in this link is identical to the webtex one (probably made in the same factory), and is likely much cheaper (£5.50 which i think includes postage). I've bought a petrol stove from this place before and the service was good....

http://www.plus2city.com/plus2store/goods.php?id=60

That really is cheap - even if postage is not included. It looks like it comes from Honk Kong and I didn't want to register via their website so couldn't checkout to where the extras (if any) would be added.
Gibbo.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
That really is cheap - even if postage is not included. It looks like it comes from Honk Kong and I didn't want to register via their website so couldn't checkout to where the extras (if any) would be added.
Gibbo.

I think this is their ebay storeLink

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I had a micro gas lantern and gas stove of the HK site, both come in small plastic boxes. One box marked Gelert and one Highlander IIRC.

PS the gas lanterns are a little cracker, take up no space and very frugal of gas plus will heat a small tent.

Kard133 I really wish you hadn't found that link. The only thing stopping me from buying another is that I know my wife will have a go at me. Hmm I could get it delivered to work - no stop it you've already got one. Yeah but you can never have too many stoves. No stop it, stop it now.

tmt77

Oct 20, 2008
Exeter
Ive got a cheapo stove I belive is identical to the warrior stove (came in a red box not a green one?). Its had a lot of use and abuse over three years or so and I have always found it excellent. Can't comment on the msr though

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I have one of the Web-Tex ones, and it does a good job. from memory it was around a tenner (inc p&p) from ebay.

Have never used any similar ones, but do also have a bulkier campingaz single burner (cant remember the exact model off hand, but the gaz cannister sits inside the bottom) and the Web-Tex one outshines it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE