Web-Tex Flask

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I use a couple of identical looking flasks, possibly same manufacturer, different name stamp. You probably know already but if you fill the flask with boiling water and leave it sealed for 5 minutes, then empty it out and quickly refill it with whatever brew you're drinking, it will stay hot/warm for much longer.
I experimented with mine and by doing the above it adds an hour plus to the hot drink time. I don't have covers for them, I wrap mine in a Shemagh and stuff them in a Bergan pocket. Definitely worth carrying in my opinion..:)

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Web tex....no no no, poo, rubbish. I've had loads of these flasks, use em all the time. Web tex are usually £6 but real poor quality. Lifeventure/ lifesystems really good for between £10-£12. The best one is the themos for £16. Will try and find a picture. This keeps your brew hot for 12 hours, cracking kit

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Here we go

ajyvebuq.jpg

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
The BcB, nato ones are not bad but the drinking lip is sharp and the lids are fiddly. Mountain life do one which is a bit bigger than the norm, if you can find one of these they're really good.

ally

Forager
Oct 15, 2003
lincoln
yeah I got a couple of the webtex flasks and whilst handy drinking vessels they are pants at staying warm

:)

patrols

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
cornwall
The Lifeventure mug is far better quality than the Webtex or BCB equivelant I have used all 3 types and the Lifeventure keeps drinks hotter for longer and is less prone to leaking.

They all will fit in an Osprey molle double ammo pouch but it is a bit tight or utility pouch with out any problems.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
+ for lifeventure
Gray - what model of thermos is that? - looks great, cant find any info about it on interweb

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've the BCB one same to look at as that (more than likely made in the same factory) and its crap. Stick to Thermos Thermax range or the one shown by Gray, double the price but the performance is much much better.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Now with the months getting colder i am looking to get a flask. I have been looking at the Web-Tex Ammo Pouch Flask.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Web-Tex-A...E&var=460022673905&hash=item2563c3669b&_uhb=1

Has anyone ever used one? Are they good?

I would ideally want a pouch for it to fit in with MOLLE connections. I am hoping it will fit in a standard water bottle pouch.

Hi mate,

Seriously, dont bother!!!

I bought a green web tex ammo pouch flask a while ago, within a month or so all the paint started flaking off of it and not matter what I did every hot drink inside it leaked!!

I emailed web-tex customer services about it and didnt even get a reply!!
I could understand it if I used it in the dishwasher but it was always hand washed, how its expected to hold up on the front line I never no!!

I have however since bought exactly the same flask but this time its a high gear which is go outdoors own make, except I bought it in stainless steel so no paint to flake off.
Its been excellent, no leakage, like I say no paint to come off and costs about a fiver so cheaper too.

Its strange because its excatly the same as the web tex but just a different make, so prob made in the same factory, but it just seems to work!!

Hope this helps
steve

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'm getting a BMW one for Christmas (look at eBay) because a friend of mine has one and it was really high quality

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE