Weasels

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Over the last 18 months I have seen more weasels than I have in the previous 18 years.
Has anybody else noticed this?
It's not just in the one location either - I have seen them in several (local) locations. I was wondering if it was something local to Kent/South East, or whether anyone else had noticed the increase elsewhere in the country.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Are they definitely Weasels or could they be Stoats?
The reason I ask is that I've seen a heck of a lot of stoats in the last year or so.

camokid

Forager
Mar 3, 2009
coventry
ye i second that i watched a stoat take out a rabbit wen i was out with the ferrets the other week what an animal the rabbit was at least 4 times as big. not seen that many weasels

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Pehaps there has been a population boom of weasels food? Could explain it. Have you seen more of other creatures or just the weasels?

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
There's a shed load of young rabbits about at the moment, they're just breeding like.....um........rabbits!

That's one source of food, I don't think a weasel could handle a fully grown one.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Our Cat caught a Weasel yesterday, I wondered why he was wandering round looking pleased with himself.
He was lucky he managed to grab it by the neck and hang on to it.
It probably tried to pinch his Tea.

MickT

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Our Cat caught a Weasel yesterday, I wondered why he was wandering round looking pleased wih himself.
He was lucky he managed to grab it by the neck and hang on to it.
It probably tried to pinch his Tea.

MickT

Few years back our cat caught one played with it and when It thought it was dead walked away, at which point it jumped up and did a runner:eek:

Richard

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Few years back our cat caught one played with it and when It thought it was dead walked away, at which point it jumped up and did a runner:eek:

Richard

Our cat ( a good few years ago) defintely killed the one he brought home and he stunk. We heard him meowing loudly as he aprached the house then he brought it in what a stink. He went through a fair fee rabbits as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE