3mx3m Tarp in tent configuration dimensions? - Please

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Jon937

Jan 30, 2021
Devon
Hi, I hope you are all well.

I have been looking into a inner to place inside a 3mx3m (DD Tarp 3x3 - Olive Green | DD Hammocks) or 3mx2.9m (DD SuperLight Tarp | DD Hammocks) tarp when in the tent configuration (3x3 Tarp Tent Door Panel. Make an ultra-light door panel for your tarp. - YouTube).

I know there are a large number of tarp tents. I am looking to keep the square/rectangle tarp as the outer, as it is so versatile.

Looking on DD's website they produce a number of mesh inners that MAY fit under this layout. I have also found XL Pyramid Inner Tent (1.5-Person Winter) Bug Net and Floor – Luxe Hiking Gear (luxe-hiking-gear.com), which seems like a better winter inner.

Please could someone lay out a tarp in the tent configuration and post the dimensions of all sides on the ground and height? As this should allow a better 3D model to try different inners with.

I look forward to your input.

Thank you and stay safe

Jon

Suffolkrafter

Forager
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
Hi, I've been looking to do the exact same thing. I bought this a frame inner:

It turned up a few days ago and seems well made but I've yet to try it. My reasoning for this purchase was that:
-I can use it as a simple ground sheet
-I can rig it as a full a frame under a tarp to serve as a make shift baker style set up
-I (hopefully) can rig it with the tarp set up as a tarp tent. This won't be a perfect set up but will allow for bug protection if I need it.
My other option was to get a new bivi with built in netting but this was cheaper and more versatile. Heavier though and more fiddly. I'll see how it goes.

Edit: meant to say in all of that that when I test it I'll get back to you with measurements!

Last edited:

Jon937

Jan 30, 2021
Devon
Thank you Suffolkrafter, if you could get some dimensions in the tent configuation that would be a great help.

I was looking and to use the 3mx2.9m DD superlight tarp with an 4 season inner and walking pole would still be lighter than some tents.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.