Waterstone and Leather Field Sharpening Kits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Ok,
consider this a list, I'm going to get in so much trouble with swmbo. BTW, I shipped the first lot today.

Please note a couple of changes.
I've looked at how much these cost to make and the price will have to go back up to £25 (I promise I'm not trying to fleece you)
The next batch won't be camel, just plain old cow!
I'll also replace the leather thong with paracord as I think this is a more useable option, even if it doesn't look as nice.

If any of that is a problem, do let me know.

Here you all are, edit as you like:

Huon
Tjwuk
Melonfish x2
Steve48
gordonmac
Shewie
Clive
Tobes01
subedarmajor
lamper x2
Jaysurfer

I can add 3 more names to the list to make a total of 16 and I can have 2 reserves. I have no idea when they'll be done, but I'll let you know asap. Maybe some before Xmas...

Last edited:

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Just to be clear, if you want a leather thong you can have one. To be honest, I just snapped one by pulling really hard while stropping so that's why I suggest the paracord!

First to pay will be the first shipped and I should be able to send the next four within a couple of weeks. Please PM me with your address and I will reply with my paypal details. First come first served. :)

Nick

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
Hi Nick

I'll take one when you make more!

Huon
Tjwuk
Melonfish x2
Steve48
gordonmac
Shewie
Clive
Tobes01
subedarmajor
lamper x2
Jaysurfer
familne

Cheers

Fraser

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
Got mine yesterday. Not had a chance to use it yet but its the bees knees. Perfect handy size and nicely put together too. Highly recommended bit of kit!

chas

Feb 22, 2006
mid essex
Got mine yesterday. Not had a chance to use it yet but its the bees knees. Perfect handy size and nicely put together too. Highly recommended bit of kit!

What he said. Got mine satdi, very good I'm very pleased with it boss,:You_Rock_ thanks Shep, let me know 'bout sharp and (now second hand) spark stick, ATB Chas.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just to be clear, if you want a leather thong you can have one. To be honest, I just snapped one by pulling really hard while stropping so that's why I suggest the paracord!

First to pay will be the first shipped and I should be able to send the next four within a couple of weeks. Please PM me with your address and I will reply with my paypal details. First come first served. :)

Nick

I'm good to wait until after Chrimbo for mine Nick

graham jones

Dec 9, 2006
wolverhampton
Hi Shep

I'd also be interested in on of your waterstones/leather sharpening kit (with leather thong if possible)

will send you a pm with my details (although not sure if they're getting thru ........could you please pm me as well with an email)

cheers

graham

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
I'll be interested after christmas if you still doing them then too!

Any chance of a photo of the updated version when you've made one too?

Cheers!

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Hi folks here is the updated list. Remember the absolute max is 16 after which my shed-time allowance will be up and trouble in doors will ensue!

familne - paid thanks
The Cumbrian - paid thanks
Huon
Tjwuk
Melonfish x2
Steve48
gordonmac
Shewie
Clive
Tobes01
subedarmajor
lamper x2
Jaysurfer
alecf

reserves:
waterworx
graham jones
just joel

If you're interested please still let me know in case people pull out.

Last edited:

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Cheers for adding me to the list, but I think waterworx and graham jones might have got there before me?
Thought I should do the polite thing :)

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Hello again,
After a productive weekend, I'm going to get through these sooner than I expected. Anyone on the main list, please PM me your address to confirm your interest and I will reply with payment details. Next Sunday, I will open it up to the reserves (thanks for your decency AlecF).

I should be able to do them all before Christmas and still stay married.

Thanks for all of your interest.

familne - paid thanks
The Cumbrian - paid thanks
Jaysurfer - paid thanks
Huon
Tjwuk
Melonfish x2
Steve48
gordonmac
Shewie
Clive
Tobes01
subedarmajor
lamper x2
waterworx

reserves:
alecf
graham jones
just joel
markheolddu

If you're interested please still let me know in case people pull out.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Hi Shep,

I'm off to New Zealand tomorrow and won't be back until mid January.

Can mine wait until I get back?

Cheers,

Huon

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
Thanks, let me know when you have one for me. If you can and not too much bother could I have the leather thong.

£25 sounds good, will take it whenever.

Cheers and PM sent just to confirm.

Tim

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Hi Nick,

Can you please put me down for one of those mate, I've never been happy field sharpening and this looks like just what I've been after mate.

Don't forget, this will be used with one of your knives.....there's a nice synergy to that don't ya think?

Say sorry to the missus haha. :D

Cheers.

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
Hi,

Sorry may have to back out of this, unforeseen circumstances etc and I hate messing about.

Let me know if you have started purchasing stock and I will sort something out with you.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE