waterproofing/dying canvas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilan

Nomad
Feb 14, 2006
bromley kent uk
A vist to the local car boot fair found me the proud new owner of a Kebne original rucsack marked Flaglofts torsang I would think is from the 50/60s very well made green canvas and all leather straps and steel framed . I would like to redye it as the green has faded in places and waterproof it as well. any suggestions as to the best products to use thanks ian

running bare

Banned
Sep 28, 2005
jarrow,tyne & wear uk
imade a teepee out of undyed canvas and when ive got the time and its not raining im going to mix some dylon material dye in some thomsons waterseal and spray it to waterproof and dye it at the same time. cant see why it wont work. you could buy a small tin of waterseal and mix the dye in it and brush it in that way you'll have more control over where you dye and miss the straps.hope this will help. others may have better ideas

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
I made a collapsible 'shower bucket' out of an old canvas tent bag a while ago. I throw it over a low branch, fill with water and hoist up - very effective with a brass watering can rose as a shower head. A few coats of Thomson's Waterseal had it 99% waterproofed ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE