waterproof shoes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bartjen 2

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2006
belgium
hello went to Schotland this summer; rainned for 8 days, shoes where al these days wet, they're leather. How do i keep them waterproof??
Thanks bart

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Any footwear made using waterproof materials, or treated with waterproofing treatment would work.

Its a case of buying some footwear which is designed to be waterproof, or applying a waterproof treatment to the footwear you have.

Not all materials take to waterproofing treatments, check the footwear material, and the suitability of the proofing treatment.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
I've just bought a new pair of Clark's shoes and when I got them home I found that they've got :censored: goretex in 'em.:( They're just ordinary every day shoes too.

If that's what you like it might be worth a look.:)

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
C'mon guy's, how many of us remember having a pair of Clark's Tracker shoes, with the paw print sole and built in compass.

apj1974

Nomad
Nov 17, 2009
Lancashire. UK
www.apj.org.uk
hello went to Schotland this summer; rainned for 8 days, shoes where al these days wet, they're leather. How do i keep them waterproof??
Thanks bart

You cant beat good old fashion dubbin, or even plenty of decent polish, polish them with either (or both) a lot and often and really allow the wax to build up and they will be fine.

If it is really p**sing down wear wellies.

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
C'mon guy's, how many of us remember having a pair of Clark's Tracker shoes, with the paw print sole and built in compass.

:lmao:

Aye mate, and how many of us remember having Clogs and our empty bellies were the built in compass !!

IMHO, Clarks make class shoes and it's all my kids have ever had.

rawshak

Forager
Jan 11, 2009
Cornwall
Neil Andrews recommended to me using ordinary cooking oil for my army boots. I've never looked back, it's cheap and my boots have never leaked since (even stood in a river).

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
You cant beat good old fashion dubbin,

I agree. Fancy materials might appeal to those who want to avoid tiresome maintenance, but a good coating of dubbin has only once let me down, and that was when the water came over the top. Important to get it well into seams, etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE