waterproof / quick drying BOOTS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shiki_no_uta

Feb 2, 2011
Berlin, Germany
www.pfaf.org
Im thinking about buying new boots, with the thinest sole i can find. And some questions came to my mind.
Imagine its spring, or winter, didnt stop raining for weeks, and you need your feet dry, of course... or fungus will hook up.
Or maybe its winter, and there is like 2 feet of snow and you are working hard on something, so generating quite much heat and the snow melts on your boot.
My question is: would it be better if my boots are completelly waterproof or if when i get to my fire i can dry them really quick?
I would like to keep it as less syntetical as possible, so no Gore-Tex, please.

BarryG

Nomad
Oct 30, 2007
NorthWest England
Its down to individual choice and preference.

I personally prefer a leather 3-4 season boot without a goretex lining; on the basis that my feet tend to get wet anyway, either because of an activity or simply because its been raining so long, that its running dowm my legs and entering the boots from the top.

Goretex lined boots, tend to dry out slower than unlined.

I find that i can weather proof leather with polish or wax

Nicholson95

Feb 24, 2011
Livingston
hmm i have OTB Odhin navy seals boots and they are made to drain water out and i also have a pair of Lowa super camps but if im going for a decent length camp then Il usually bring both. soo i have a pair of quick drying boots and completely waterproof ones so i cant switch about and adapt to what ever Im doing or what the weather is doing... but its personal preference, but remember usually if they don't let water in... they wont let water out. So its really upto you both ways will combat the dreaded trench foot!

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
proper leather unlined boots, with at least a two sock system. Properly proofed boots with something like leder-gris ( a lovely mix of wax and oils) socks that during the day will get wet. Dry socks and foot powder at night. hang your boots up and they will mostly be dry by morning.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE