Waterproof overmitt recommendation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
I have a bit of a glove problem, and consequently, I have many gloves, ranging from leather, to primoloft mitts, to dachstein fingered gloves. All have their pros and cons, but none are waterproof. Can anyone recommend a decent, but fairly cheap waterproof outer mitten for those days of prolonged rain, wet snow and so on?
Surplus German army mitts on Amazon look very good, although they are themselves insulated which isn't quite what I'm looking for. I thought the British army goretex mitts looked a bit cumbersome. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
If you want an insulated mitten my wife has bought a pair of trekmates mittens for her mother this Christmas that are very nice.

If a waterproof over mitten is all you’re looking for what about these?

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
If you want an insulated mitten my wife has bought a pair of trekmates mittens for her mother this Christmas that are very nice.

If a waterproof over mitten is all you’re looking for what about these?
Seconded. Great value

Reactions: Suffolkrafter

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Keep your hands in your pockets?
Before you throw a digital brick:
I’m semi serious. I see people flayling about in bad weather like John Trevolta in Saturday Night fever when they should make like a fluffed up bird.

Reactions: FerlasDave

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If hiking through natural terrain the hands don't belong into the pockets. Like that you can easily break an arm because you don't get them out there fast enough if needed.

Reactions: nigelp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE