water treatment filter purifier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I have been skimming over the threads and I have seen much about water treatment and thought that I would post this for future reference for anyone. Also I managed to get onto bushcraft uk's sister site, natural bushcraft uk, i didnt know it exited

I have a PURE HYDRATION inline filter that I use with a 2 litre 28g folding water bottle as a dirty water reservoir. The entire setup of pipes, wet filter , folding bottle, and valves weigh no more than 200g. It costs about 40 quid and will filter 350L of water and is light enough to carry two or three

In use it filters about 2 litres a minute by gravity, with a good drop. It filters out heavy metal and chemicals and biological pathogens including viruses. It will turn brown and green water completly clear, and leave the water with too little nutrients in it to allow viruses to regrow. You can back wash it to clean it, and it will more likely improve your home tap water, taking the lime and the chlorine from it. All this without using chemicals.

It is reccommended bu the mod and the royal college of medicine.

A well reccomended filter

Last edited:

Craig88

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2012
Kingston Upon Hull
As for other threads I'm not sure but yours sounds a good bit of kit I've never had a water purifier I usually take bottled water or someone else has the filter. But from your review I'll definitely look into this model it sounds very impressive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE