Water bag msr/ orteilb etc what's yours ?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Considering buying a dromesday ....what do you use and why....?

Ive already got a camelbak , but im thinking along the lines of the msr etc .....must have an attachment point for trees etc cheers

eggs shouldn't dance with stones.....

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have just bought the 4l msr dromedary for the same purpose as you. It is a very well made bit of kit with the cord going around the edge it is easy to attach to a tree, the msr filfter fits on it. It will fold up small too, it will fit in to a zebra billy

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I've had the 4L MSR Dromedary for a few years. It's very robust. Mrs DHD used to complain about the taste of the water from it, but a clean out with Milton seemed to do the trick. I just attach it to a convenient tree with a bungee. Works well. I'd buy another.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have both the MSR and Ortleib in 4ltr. The MSR feels better made and has a lace system running around the edge where as the Ortleib has a strap top and bottom one of which has a QR buckle so you can wrap it around a tree.

MSR you just flip up the little spout to pour or unfasten the plug.
the Ortleib you have a dust cap to open then twist the collar to adjust water flow.

Ortleib is cheaper but I prefer the MSR.
If your not desperate your welcome to to look at both and make your mind up then.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
i have and have used the Ortlieb 4L and Platypus 2L bottle, now use the platypus mostly because of lighter weight and it's all i need, found both reliable but the ortlieb does have a bigger opening with tap-like function if that's needed (is not needed with me) platypus has no attachment for trees etc but you could easily suspend it with some string if you wished, i prefer the platypus nowadays.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE