antique rare cut throat razor laminated unusual blade wooden handle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
Hi guys I have here a cut throat razor like no other ive ever seen its not in concourse condition but must be Victorian or earlier am not sure.
the handle is wooden and the blade has been worn to a strange shape through stropping. photo wont show this properly but the blade looks like its a core of very high carbon steel with an outer coat of lower carbon steel. I will try to some photos up tonight or tomorrow but its so unusual.
looks like it belonged to someone who used them in a pro capacity.
the price for this lovely piece is £25 as a collectors item. there are no makers marks on it which I can see so its anyones guess which country its from
im willing to trade it for a camelback pacteen in a1 condition military one black or green colour
Fairbairn sykes knife
Fairbairn applegate
condore mini bushlore
msr dromedary water bag 4 litre must be mint condition
sawyer water filter new only
mora fire knife in black
marbles mini hunter Damascus
feurhand lantern in superb condition
im also willing to trade it for offers of a modern fixed bladed knife in superb condition (must be factory made and not a mora or hultafors etc)
I would also do the same sort of trade for a folder if it catches my interest photos as soon as I can guys. available to persons over 18 years old.
cheers guys.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Looks to me like a frameback, they were usually made in Sweden and Finland and similar. Definately mid to late 1800's, it sadly looks victim to some dire honing techniques hence the smile at the point of the blade and the frown at the back. It would still make for a great razor with some work on the stones, nice bit of history there...

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
thank you so much for that matey I knew it was really old but didn't know where it was from thank you.

Looks to me like a frameback, they were usually made in Sweden and Finland and similar. Definately mid to late 1800's, it sadly looks victim to some dire honing techniques hence the smile at the point of the blade and the frown at the back. It would still make for a great razor with some work on the stones, nice bit of history there...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE