Watch out...there's a pirate about!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Ahoy!!......Just joined yer forum......why havn't I found this b4?? :confused: ......
Had a good peruse o' yer posts this arvo.....an' this is just the place i've bin lookin' fer....
About me......Well, I'm into Bushcraft (duh)...campin' in me Vw....pirate reenactment....Lrp(live role play)....online Ps2 games....Rum.....The sea....more Rum.. :p ...inventin' stuff.....Rats(yes vermin t' some....petz t' others)...Art...Black powder makin'.....Rum.......Swords (live & show)....forests....streams....an' the smell o' a camp fire in the mornin'... :lmao:
Hope t' post wi' ye alls more in the future.......(bows...doffs cap)

(soz fer the delay in postin' intro......only just got t' bottom of forum threads :cool: )

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Welcome to the forum, CB.

With a cv like that, youre sure to fit in right well.

In case its escaped your notice, nettles , are a big thing here.
I,ve yet to see a recipe for nettle rum , but there probably is one.

Ceeg

4 bells for me

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
welcome cap'n!

the black powder is interesting!.............................. no probs with lighting fires in the rain then! :lmao:
Arrrr - ye be rite to fit in!

Hazelnut

Jan 31, 2005
London
Cap'n Badger said:
Ahoy!!......Just joined yer forum......why havn't I found this b4?? :confused: ......
Had a good peruse o' yer posts this arvo.....an' this is just the place i've bin lookin' fer....
About me......Well, I'm into Bushcraft (duh)...campin' in me Vw....pirate reenactment....Lrp(live role play)....online Ps2 games....Rum.....The sea....more Rum.. :p ...inventin' stuff.....Rats(yes vermin t' some....petz t' others)...Art...Black powder makin'.....Rum.......Swords (live & show)....forests....streams....an' the smell o' a camp fire in the mornin'... :lmao:
Hope t' post wi' ye alls more in the future.......(bows...doffs cap)

(soz fer the delay in postin' intro......only just got t' bottom of forum threads :cool: )

What planet are you from Captain Slack Bladder? :eek:

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
The same round blue green planet as you Hazelnut:cool:
An' me bladder ain't slack...just full o' rum :beerchug:

The only recipe fer nettles an' rum that I know of Seagull, is one fer hair tonic!....but I'm sure it'll still taste good......Thanks for the welcomes peeps......(that does include yours Hazelnut) :rolleyes:

Englishrose222

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2006
Devon
englishrose.222.tripod.com
Welcome aboard - you sound like one crazy Cap'n - you'll fit in well here, let's pull up the anchor an make way before we get too strong a bloooow and be sure to look after them livestock (rats) and come see me sometime. :You_Rock_

Tracy

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
hello and welcome captain you sound a bit crazy
im sure we'll get along well
leon

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
hello and welcome cap'n glad you like the place

that's got to be one of the furthest out intros I've ever seen m'harty
whats yer parrot called?

James

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
ok here go's..
JD.......no parrot....just a big fat rat called pepper :)
Womble.....Lorien trust lrp.....go's once a year t' the 'Gatherin'' up in derby. Used t' go t' the mid summer moots, but go's wanderin' in the wilderness now......cheaper an' more soul pleasin' ;)
T' all those that welcomes mesel'......Ta!.........an' there's a little crazy in all o' us......(just some shows it more..... spesh at night...(Que wolf howl!) :lmao:

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Do ye still have them in those scout woods?.......was a top place fer campin'.....not to good fer fightin' in......(tree snags....bramble gouges..lol)
went there 'bout 5 year ago, as a change of venue from derby....seemed that all the pirates got clumped together in one spot...got a vid of that event somewhere......
I know what ye means about the 'gatherin' tho........s'gone mental 'PC'.......banned us from usin' cannon last year...(grrr.....bungee low powered tennis ball throwers)....used them on our ship fer the last 4 year.....but, no more it seems.....tsk!
You still play then mate?

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
yeah - I was at fayre, and I'll be at Renewal (at the Scout Campsite Phazels wood). Lots of Pirates in the Vipers, and others spent some time in the Mercinary camp over the last couple of years as well.

I think I may try doing some bushcrafty things at renewal this year, making some twine and trying some tracking; maybe making a shelter in the back of the merc camp... :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE