Wanted; woodworker who likes making different pieces

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I make a great many things, but I don't do woodwork outside a little carving and 12th scale modelmaking.

I find myself in need of someone to make pieces that I will use; things that will sit in my living room, where I will see them and use them every day. So, no mdf, no plywood, no plastic, iimmc.

I would prefer to barter; I will happily supply fabric and sew, in exchange, but could probably persuade family to pay for things for my birthday :) if that doesn't suit.

I can make the pillow, but I can't make the stand, like this, or something along those lines.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1907-Vict...757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b1aaebc5

and I would like a perpetual calendar that holds nearly 200 postcard sized laminated pouches on big split rings (I have those for this project, just the woodwork is holding it up) that swing on a wooden bar held in a wooden rack. I have sketches of what I want for that too.

Pieces that I can look at for years, happy to acknowledge that, "so and so made that for me", kind of thing. Pieces that I polish with a yellow duster and homemade beeswax polish, and not some imported hardwood, but something native...my desk is oak, my spinning wheel and chair are chestnut, my sewing stool is oak, my chair is beech as is my etui, my lace bobbins are apple, cherry, hawthorn, etc., I want something real. Not fond of a tooled finish for something like these though, and I don't want french polish that I have to fret I'll chip. No rough bits to snag or make it hard to clean or polish or catch my silk threads, no fake stains that will fade if I work in the sunshine for better light.

Barter wise ? Made to measure (and your design if you like) linen or wool shirt or cloak; your choice of colour. Money ? happy to discuss it.

cheers,
Mary

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Sounds like a job for Aaron ;-) where is a knight on his two wheeled charger when you need one!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well not so busy actually Toddy, least not on the house. This year I've set aside to working my butt off to raise funds for the new roof conversion to build a bedroom up there for next year. Living in a single room in my cabin is cosy but not really conducive if I have people around.

Anyway if you need anything made and have some ideas for it I'm available if you need me, but I am sure there will be plenty of wood crafty volunteers, (such as treetop) to help a lady such as yourself out. You have my email address already.

Ta ta.

Me

PS I heard a rumour you'll be at the Moot this year. Me too! We can finally meet.

PPS Thanks Graham, no pressure eh? Cheque's n the post :lmao:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1907-Victorian-Bobbin-Lace-Pillow-Lace-making-handbook-patterns-CD-/380937890757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b1aaebc5[/URL]

Mary

Let me a little more info on the above, I enjoy torturing wood into curves with heat. I also have short bits of wood that were meant to be longer than they are.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE