Wanted vapalux, tilley, or coleman lantern

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
As the title says i am wanting a vapalux or tilley or coleman pressure lamp..
I have loads of stuff which could be swapped including a new webley and scott typhoon air pistol in 177!! but not limited to this item I have all sorts of juicy stuff to swap failing that am willing to buy one from anyne who has one surplus to requirements..
keep the price reasonable though guy and gals!!!

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Hello and Compliments of the Season,

I've a Tilley X246B if you're interested. Like this but not nearly as new.

Cost me nowt; you can have it for about the same.

Whereabouts in West Yorkshire are you?

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
Hello and seasons greeting to you too!!!
they say its a time of miracles and I have been wanting a tilley lamp for donkeys (ages)
I am in wakefield my friend where abouts are you!!!
Ps I would not expect the lamp for free but your offer is very kind!! am quite willing to swaps/ pay for it!!!
is it working etc!!!
please get back when you can ie pm!!! reply
cheers very very much

Hello and Compliments of the Season,

I've a Tilley X246B if you're interested. Like this but not nearly as new.

Cost me nowt; you can have it for about the same.

Whereabouts in West Yorkshire are you?[/QUOTE]

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Following DavidJT's advice already revealed a Vapalux at a little over £25 on eBay. Item number 190476424443. Plus, searching using 'pressure lantern' also unearthed a Coleman :)

The X246B is a brilliant lamp, if the offer still stands from Bilmo, I'd snap his hand off!!!

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
Hi David,
thanks for the advice.
just like to say I am not demanding one on here!!!
the thing is generally on here with just a very few exceptions the people on here are trustable i bought a coleman stove on ebay early this summer..
it was bought as brand new..
but upon testing it flames shot out from where the neck joins the burner the seller wouldnt even accept the fact that i had bought it from him!! he said it must be one I already had!!
so I wont buy anything like stoves etc from ebay any more...
I am very wary now cos off that experience as you can probably appreciate...
I was going to buy one one brand new from go outdoors or some place like but just before christmas some uninsured student pranged my car which was only insured TPFF so that was a total loss unless I get some form of compensation eventually!!!
but for npw am trying desparately to put the cash together for another car!!! so i must prioritise!!! as am on a very low income!!!
as you can see i dare not risk another £50 loss on ebay!! and those lanterns be it coleman, tilley, vapalux, are too expensive to buy brand new at the mo..
but thanks for your advice...it is noted and appreciated....

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
Hi am very very appreciative of the offer from bilmo please be assured about that!!! and am waiting to see if it is still working etc I would snap his hand off dont worry...
just that am so desparate to get one am trying to find another if that one is not working or something
Following DavidJT's advice already revealed a Vapalux at a little over £25 on eBay. Item number 190476424443. Plus, searching using 'pressure lantern' also unearthed a Coleman :)

The X246B is a brilliant lamp, if the offer still stands from Bilmo, I'd snap his hand off!!!

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
The upside to the X246B is the ease and availability of spares. I've a Hippolito, and an X246B, the latter is nearly a total rebuild. If you need a second opinion on anything let me know :)

Bad news on the prang :( I feel for ya'!

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
Thank you for that info.. as you can appreciate i am not a skilled maker of thing which actually work though I have repaired things which have never worked again!!!!!!
when the coleman stove went up I plugged the hole with the only thing available!! my thumb resulting in two nasty burns one on the thumb the other on my wrist...
I am very wary now of petrol or parrafin pressure but like a moth to a flame I still love them...
If I do find one which a member has offered ie the offered by bilbo i will ask much advice before I even attemp to light it
but thanks so much for your advice cheers....

The upside to the X246B is the ease and availability of spares. I've a Hippolito, and an X246B, the latter is nearly a total rebuild. If you need a second opinion on anything let me know :)

Bad news on the prang :( I feel for ya'!

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
thanks to bilmo so much for the great lantern... but it has started me off with something I would like to get more into... there is something magical about parrafin pressure lanterns
thanks IAN!!!
POST SCRIPT..
I am putting some items on here in swap shop under the title vapalux...loads of goodies

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
thanks to bilmo so much for the great lantern... but it has started me off with something I would like to get more into... there is something magical about parrafin pressure lanterns
thanks IAN!!!
POST SCRIPT..
I am putting some items on here in swap shop under the title vapalux...loads of goodies

You need to start getting some paraffin pressure stoves chap.

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
Steady on guys Ive only just started to cut my teeth on the simplicities of a tilley lamp dont go scaring me off with things like pressure stoves as welll I have got a petrol pressure coleman.. which is simple to light and maintain.. I did have a look at one of those monitor stoves which a guy had at a car boot sale a while ago but looking at all the bits in the box it put me off a bit... having said that it was a beautiful bit of brass work!!! But for some reason unclear to me as yet i have my heart set on one of those green vapalux jobbies not seen one up close but from pictures they just look nice. have got a brand new coleman petrol lantern which has never been filled or lit but lost interest in it when i saw a picture of a vapalux!!!. so now I,m a bushcrafter person in distress.. make no mistake if I had enough spare cash I would have bought one by now am sure some kind hearted mountain type may be able to help!!! As i said I have posted the thread entitled vapalux. and there are some nice items on there but not limited to just those items L have loads more gear tarps etc to swap and am not just saying one item am offering loads of combinations!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE