Wanted sharpening stone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I personally like the DC3 or DC4 stones - the diamond side is very good and quick for reshaping a blade that has been a bit chipped, while the ceramic side gives it a good honed edge.

They are a bit small, so I have started to use them a bit like a file - rather than placing the stone on the ground and moving the knife along the stone, I now hold the knife still in one hand and rub the stone in circular motion along the ede of the blade to sharpen it. Difficult to explain in words, probably better if I were to post a picture.

Only thing is that the stone is going to cost more than the knife (assuming that you are getting one of the £10 moras). But I think it's worth the money. I've found it much better than my old chisel sharpening stone.

Geoff

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Lodian,

Make your own. Check the sticky thread called "£5 sharpening kit". FAr better for home use than a small stone and much cheaper than a set of waterstones. As effective as either

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE