Wanted: Long ferro inset into antler

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
All materials arrived. Here is the first prototype. It's a good size.

Visible rod is about 85mm with 25mm inset into the antler. I have decent sized hands and the antler gives me a good handle to work with. The antler handle is approx. 60mm. I gave it a coat of beeswax and a buff with the polisher.

I'd say the compound is a medium and gives a good spark. Overall, I'm quite happy with it.

With time and effort I reckon it's probably worth £20. Bargain.

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com
4bfd085f3d2e8d3c0d705669d63c5f4b.jpg
64096f9ae994234022050097ac2ca784.jpg
93789d00b639421927c1c61b8b30403b.jpg

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Nice, looks good. Do you fine the edge of the antler feels sharp? I made one similar years ago and ended up rounding the edge after using it a few times. The antler sanded really easily and polished up beautifully.

Reactions: Onelifeoverland
Nice, looks good. Do you fine the edge of the antler feels sharp? I made one similar years ago and ended up rounding the edge after using it a few times. The antler sanded really easily and polished up beautifully.
It's not sharp because I sanded the edge off ever so slightly but aside from that looking at others i think a rounded edge also looks more pleasing to the eye. So I would round off future versions I think.

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE