WANTED: Frosts River Pack.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Hi.

I am on the look out for a Frosts River Pack. [Or Similiar]

Anything considered, [Lewis and Clark, Woodsman, Nessmuk, No3 etc]

If you know where I can get one, or If you have one, you may be prepared to part with, I have some excellent kit. What do you want?

PM Me

Cheers.

Dave.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
If you don't have any luck finding a Frost River try Jane Barron at http://alderstream.wcha.org/
Great quality, and worth every penny. I have a "no name" pack that is a few years old now and really love it. She'll do custom work too.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Hi Snufkin.

Thanks for the link.

Im wondering if there are any North American outfitters/suppliers with any Frost River stock left?

Have you posted any photos of what Alder Stream made for you?

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
If you look on my review thread of the Bison Bushcraft shirt I think I'm wearing it. Mine was just a standard No Name. I think it is now classed as the deluxe as it has leather straps and buckles. I did add some leather attachment points on the top flap to lash a bedroll to for longer trips but to be honest if I'm carrying more than a weekends worth of gear I like something with a waistbelt for support. But as an overnighter or large day pack it's great. Tough and quiet and pretty water repellant (it's not oilcloth like the frost river packs).
I hope you find some old stock Frost River stuff. I almost went for one of their packs instead of the Alder Stream one but the No Name fitted my needs and budget better.

2007_0907Image0004.jpg

Not a great pic.

2008_0215Image0012.jpg

2008_0215Image0009.jpg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Aye, Its a nice looking pack is that! :0)

Im gonna hold out for a Frost River, for the moment. [Probably unwisely]
And hope someone PM's me.

[I know they rebadged some of their Packs, as well]

But Its nice to know their are alternatives. Thanks for posting Snufkin. That shirts jogged my memory, didnt Bison also do canvas packs?

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
If you look on my review thread of the Bison Bushcraft shirt I think I'm wearing it. Mine was just a standard No Name. I think it is now classed as the deluxe as it has leather straps and buckles. I did add some leather attachment points on the top flap to lash a bedroll to for longer trips but to be honest if I'm carrying more than a weekends worth of gear I like something with a waistbelt for support. But as an overnighter or large day pack it's great. Tough and quiet and pretty water repellant (it's not oilcloth like the frost river packs).
I hope you find some old stock Frost River stuff. I almost went for one of their packs instead of the Alder Stream one but the No Name fitted my needs and budget better.

2007_0907Image0004.jpg

Not a great pic.

2008_0215Image0012.jpg

2008_0215Image0009.jpg

Not enough badges mate!

DSC02400.jpg

DSC02401.jpg

:lmao:

Cheers

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Nice pack Klenchblaize. Actually I've taken the BCUK badge off now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE