Wanted for infants forest school.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Our local infants has just started a forest school, and is short of kit.
The thing they need most is a 3x3 tarp that they can put up for shelter when the weather isn't so good.
I can repair small holes, but would like a tarp in as good a condition as possible, for these little ones to be able to enjoy the outdoors in all weather's.
Due to cutbacks, resources are very limited, and they are making do with a terribly tattered, and small tarp, that leaves them somewhat exposed in the rain.
I can't offer renumeration apart from the knowledge that generosity will enable these little kids (4-8yrs)to become involved with bushcraft and the outdoors in comfort.
So far I have secured a metal tripod and firepit, and large kettle, along with a few ferro rods, so they are enjoying dampers and sausages cooked on long sticks and able to make hot chocolate.
Hope someone can help. Thank you.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I have a millitary basha but its desert camo?

Dont know the size

Thank you Tengu.
That might be useful for den building, which is the next phase of procurement for them, if you are happy to part with it, I'm sure that they would be very grateful.
They do need a big tarp though, to be able to have an outdoor classroom in the orchard area.
I have sold most of my personal excess gear to get the firepit, made the tripod with the free help of the local blacksmith, and donated my big kettle, so I'm out of ideas now.
I promised to help them if I could.
They are a great bunch of kids, and love their forest school time.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
What sort of things do you do in the Forest School?

Sounds like I would have loved it as a kid.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Found it and PM’d you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, am having trouble replying to your pm .
Will contact you as soon as I can, or else you can pm Tengu for my address. Sorry Tengu, havnt asked if that's OK. Hope it's not an imposition. My phone is playing up somewhat the last few days. Won't let me pm anybody! I'll keep trying tho.

Hope I've got through and that won't be nessasary. Let me know. I'm a complete tech dodo!

Last edited:

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I also have a spare DD 3x3m tarp in green.
You'd be more than welcome to it - just PM name and address and I'll happily post it to you.

Edit - just seen the above post. I'm happy for Tengu to PM your details.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I also have a spare DD 3x3m tarp in green.
You'd be more than welcome to it - just PM name and address and I'll happily post it to you.

Edit - just seen the above post. I'm happy for Tengu to PM your details.

Thank you, I'll try and pm you. Having tech problems with my phone the last couple of days. I'll have to find a teen to sort it! I'm useless!
Please can donators enclose their details with the tarps so that I can get the kids to send a thank you letter.
I'm sure two will be enough to make a decent outdoor area for them.
Thank you both.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh, Duggie, I cant find it! Give me a mo and it will come to me.

Do you still want my Basha, Annie? Im busy with a paper at the moment, will find it in a few days.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
It's OK Tengu! Pm's finaly got through.
Must get this phone sorted! It has windows, where not much works, then suddenly it will for an hour or two, then it won't again. This forum seems particularly prone to it. Though it's happening elsewhere too.
Strange!
Yes please, the smaller basha would be great for den building.
I've been given some tent pegs, so the whole thing will be a wonderful package for them. I'll get some Parracord next week.

Thank you one and all. Very grateful.

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Anything else you might need? I always have too much stuff. And I can look for you, -Im good at finding things.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
If you don’t mind it not being green/black I might have some cord I can send down. It’s stiffer than Paracord, but we used to make survival bracelets and woggles with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woody girl

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Cant find the Basha...Im sorry.

I have a vast quantity of paracord in browns and greens if you want it

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Cant find the Basha...Im sorry.

I have a vast quantity of paracord in browns and greens if you want it
Don't worry , I'm sure that the big tarps will be enough for the present.
I've just sold a few more things that I don't need(big clear out here at the Woody girl towers. :) )
So I've ordered some cheap tarps for den building from a prepper shop that has small cheap ones.
The parracord would be handy tho. Tengu and Duggie, yes to the cord please.
One tarp has arrived from Mr S T
Thank you. (Still having some problems with messaging on this site, so thanking you here)
Will all be delivered to the school next week when the cheapo tarps have arrived.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ill be getting it off tomorrow. (Had a conference paper today.)

Ill keep looking for the basha; you can have my old tents too; still usable and it doesn't matter if they get damaged or turned into something new; children don't waste anything with potential play value

But only if I go to Cornwall this year. Bit too bulky to post

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Love to see you if you come this way Tengu. Let me know in advance, as I have plans to redecorate and reconfigure the spare room this summer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE