wanted down sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all am looking to lighten my kit a bit so looking for a down bag anyone got one to sell must be 800 mm at the shoulders I'm a wide boy regards dave53

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
I believe it's 800mm at the shoulders going down to 500mm at the feet

Regards Dave (caps lock )
@mouseinthewood

jdodger

Oct 18, 2012
Gloucestershire
hey, I have just lay it out on the living room floor... With if fully lofted i measured across the shoulders internally holding the zip closed 77cm. Across the shoulder externally 80cm and approx 48cm across the foot box. It weighs approx 1300gms and is rated down to -9c comfort for a regular male. Ive always stored it loose in a spare wardrobe so lofts really well. Let me know if your interested....

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
I have a Rab 900 Ascent. 18 months old but only used once for 3 nights. Mate wants first dibs on it (approx £120) but waiting for him to get back from abroad. I will watch this thread.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi j dodger it needs to be a minimum of 800 at the shoulders if possible regards dave

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
rob mc let me know if or when its available check the width please regards dave

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
rob mc let me know if or when its available check the width please regards dave

Hi Dave,

I will check the width tomorrow (probably evening as I am out all day). To be perfectly honest, I am also quite broad, and also a bit claustrophobic and am not a big fan of mummy style bags. That's just me. And I gather that this is a quite well respected bag, but each to their own. I have used it in Scotland at -12 (in a rooftent), and I found it a bit too warm if anything.

As I say, my mate has 'first dibs', but if this doesn't come to be, let me know where you are in Wales, and if I am passing, I will gladly bring it down to you (I am a delivery driver covering England/Scotland/Wales), you can try it for size, and if it doesn't suit, there's nothing lost!

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Hi all, not wanting to high-jack this thread but here I am lol, dave53, are you now going after the bag on offer from Robmc ? If so then if it's ok with you I'll open up negotiations with jdodger. I don't want to step on anyone's toes so I'll step back until your happy with your bag of choice Dave, thanks.

ATB Alan

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
Hi all, not wanting to high-jack this thread but here I am lol, dave53, are you now going after the bag on offer from Robmc ? If so then if it's ok with you I'll open up negotiations with jdodger. I don't want to step on anyone's toes so I'll step back until your happy with your bag of choice Dave, thanks.

ATB Alan

Sorry Bop, it may well be that mine isn't even up for grabs. I won't know for another week or so, so please don't let me interfere with any other negotiations, mine is just a possibility at the moment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE