Wanted an over shoulder bag

Big Mark

Banned
Oct 9, 2007
London
Anyone recommend a leather bag I can use to carry a lot of kit over my shoulder - not from a shop - hand made....who makes such a thing...I want to keep tools, the odd rabbit, about 2" x 1" type size with a thick stong strap to go over my shoulder...I could try to make one if I could get a pattern or buy one. I asked Kepis but he didn't have such a thing? Any suggestions on a maker?

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Hi Mark
if ure looking for a simple bag of that size
its pretty simple pattern
get a bit of leather which is 2' wide by 3' plus the depth of the bag say 6" wide which would make it 3'6" long and 2 peices of leather about1' 3inches long and 6" wide with slighty rounded ended .Measure down 3" on the side peices from the top of the curve and stich round until u are inline with you're starting point on both sides.
this should give u the size of bag you're after with a flap to go over the top of about a foot.add shoulder strap and whichever buckles ,fasners you would like and bingo you have ure bag
the extra lenght on the sides is so u can fold them inwards to help with weather proofing
I hope this helps u out its copy of a old cavas bag i used to have before it fell apart

bob

Big Mark

Banned
Oct 9, 2007
London
Hi Mark
if ure looking for a simple bag of that size
its pretty simple pattern
get a bit of leather which is 2' wide by 3' plus the depth of the bag say 6" wide which would make it 3'6" long and 2 peices of leather about1' 3inches long and 6" wide with slighty rounded ended .Measure down 3" on the side peices from the top of the curve and stich round until u are inline with you're starting point on both sides.
this should give u the size of bag you're after with a flap to go over the top of about a foot.add shoulder strap and whichever buckles ,fasners you would like and bingo you have ure bag
the extra lenght on the sides is so u can fold them inwards to help with weather proofing
I hope this helps u out its copy of a old cavas bag i used to have before it fell apart

bob

It might be the easiest option in the end...just wondered if someone had one good to go...as I've been busy on me own stuff...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE