Wanted american flatbow or camo compound

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
Hi I am wanting an american flatbow right handed at a draw weight of 40lbs or above.
failing that a compound bow with a draw weight from about 55lbs
I have for swaps any of these.
items i was looking for a vapalux lantern and have now got one which I am very impressed with so these items are on offer..
PLEASE NOTE AM NOT JUST OFFERING ONE OF THEM!!! BUT DEPENDING ON YOUR BOW YOU MAY END UP WITH ALL YES ALL OF THEM......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
webley_typhoon_silenced_1.jpg

B85kRWkKGrHqViEEzLTcN8zTBM4TKLB250_1.jpg

021-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

033.jpg

014.jpg

IF YOU OFFER A FLAT BOW it has to be one with glass over the wood.. as my club dont allow the use of plain wood bows something to do with safety and insurance..

Last edited:

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
Not going to be swapping my AFB, but ...
IF YOU OFFER A FLAT BOW it has to be one with glass over the wood.. as my club dont allow the use of plain wood bows something to do with safety and insurance..
what? So they don't allow English Longbows? That's the first I've ever heard of anything like that. Is your club affiliated to something like GNAS (ArcheryUK) or NFAS as their insurance definitely doesn't have an issue with all wood bows?

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
the reason being quite complex in its simplicity...
firstly the sod who runs it is a a real stick in the mud who only really has time for competition type target archers.... there are a couple of long bow sooters there but they have all seemed to peel off to other clubs and blbs/ field target clubs associations!!! and secondly there was a girl injured by an bamboo laminate flat bow which exploded (shattered in her hand) causing quite severe injury to her arm...
even the target archers are sick of the clubs top guy but cos he is very old no one says anything to him and he pretty much orders everyone about and has his own standards if you see what am saying...
I have had numerous arguments with him myself the last one cos of a whistling arrow I shot from a longbow.. everyone else really liked it but not him oh no!!!

we were on very bad terms for quite some time to follow and to be honest I am on the look out for a club which is more geared to traditional sympathetic...
when i first joined the club believe it or not I was very well versed in all aspectc of archery having shot on land owned by my relatives since I was ten I am now approaching 46..
leave you to guess when the club had a field target shoot people with longbows were allowed to take trophies and medals but the ones with hunter bows/ horse bows american flatbows etc were allowed to shoot in the competitions bt were not allowed to take trophies...
i got so fed up of it i ant shot for a very long time and donated all my gear to a mate of mine who had joined the club after I had.. when i left he remained but with my gear... he has since moved to canada and took with him a darton maverick compound bow a quicks classic hunter which I loved and a longbow made by boyton!!!
but any archer/ bowman will tell you if you dont already know!!! that once your fingers have felt the kiss of the string its like a drug... I am not in a financial situation where i could buy a decent bow and arrows so have made myself a nice set of wood arrows the local sadler put a nice quiver together for me.. all thats missing is a bow to shoot!!!
hope that clarifys matters for you... or anyone who sees the post..

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Hey Blackfeather!

Firstly I suggest you go and check out the "internature" AFB's at Aardvark archery, they are about £100 and excellent for the brass.

If you want a look at a more progressive archery club in W.Yorks, drop me a line and I will host you at ours. Target archery clubs are notoriously stuffy and I am often locking horns with the whinging stick-in-the-muds, its sadly ingrained in archery (in my experience) its a superb sport that attracts some strange eejits!

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
stick in the mud was a term i was looking for yesterday..
thanks marc I have looked at the internature bow many times before but an just not in a possition to go out and buy or believe you me I would have done so long before now!!! I would love to come along to your club as your guest but as I said I dont want to turn up at any club without my own bow!!! have got some nice arrows quiver the job lot but no bow except for a crappy old solid glass training bow!! and to be honest and fair to myself I am far far far beyond that!!! says me looking across at a shelf full of trophies and medals!!! not quite the scorton silver arrow but heres hoping!!!
so just keep plodding on till I get a bow of my own... I was stupid giving all my bows and most of my gear away but I was absolutely fed up with the arguments amongst members and the back stabbing politics which made the roman senate look like a meeting of the WRVS!!! so if anyone out there has something which would be given a good home get in touch

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
P.S.

Anything with a draw weight between 40lbs at 28" and 60lbs at 28" somewhere in between those guidlines would make me druel!!! it dont have to be an aamericam flat bow bot would rather not be a long bow!!! feild bow classic hunter take down hunter something along those lines would be great!!!!
stick in the mud was a term i was looking for yesterday..
thanks marc I have looked at the internature bow many times before but an just not in a possition to go out and buy or believe you me I would have done so long before now!!! I would love to come along to your club as your guest but as I said I dont want to turn up at any club without my own bow!!! have got some nice arrows quiver the job lot but no bow except for a crappy old solid glass training bow!! and to be honest and fair to myself I am far far far beyond that!!! says me looking across at a shelf full of trophies and medals!!! not quite the scorton silver arrow but heres hoping!!!
so just keep plodding on till I get a bow of my own... I was stupid giving all my bows and most of my gear away but I was absolutely fed up with the arguments amongst members and the back stabbing politics which made the roman senate look like a meeting of the WRVS!!! so if anyone out there has something which would be given a good home get in touch

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Change club. Every bow will explode at some point, some sooner than others. Guy needs to relax a little, you are more likely to bite the dust in the car on the way to the club than bite it via a bow breakdown.

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
I am not scared of a bow exploding in my hand as it has happened before with a recurve!!! and many moons ago with a long bow and to be honest I am looking for another club but the nearest to me seems to be in worksop notts!!! still it should be worth the travel when I get a bow... with any luck that shouldnt be too long now.. in the meantime I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread not got an offer of a bow yet but I have been given some very good advice cheers guys!!!

Change club. Every bow will explode at some point, some sooner than others. Guy needs to relax a little, you are more likely to bite the dust in the car on the way to the club than bite it via a bow breakdown.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I am not scared of a bow exploding in my hand as it has happened before with a recurve!!! and many moons ago with a long bow and to be honest I am looking for another club but the nearest to me seems to be in worksop notts!!! still it should be worth the travel when I get a bow... with any luck that shouldnt be too long now.. in the meantime I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread not got an offer of a bow yet but I have been given some very good advice cheers guys!!!

Sorry didnt mean to imply you were worried of a bow explosion. I dont have much experience of making glass bows but if you wanted to make an all wood bow i would be happpy to help ;) failing that i do have an old recurve 40somthinglbs its glass and wood.

PM me, not after cash but can do a long term borrow ;)

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.

Whereabouts are you?

I know of at least 3 in Leeds, several in S.Yorks, Halifax, Sowerby Bridge, Mine is in Bingley and I am in the process of joining a field club nr Leeds.

Although a couple of those I know of would make your club seem quite progressive and forward thinking!

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
Have replied to you via pm as requested thank you....
Sorry didnt mean to imply you were worried of a bow explosion. I dont have much experience of making glass bows but if you wanted to make an all wood bow i would be happpy to help ;) failing that i do have an old recurve 40somthinglbs its glass and wood.

PM me, not after cash but can do a long term borrow ;)

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
still ant got a flatbow or compound anyone got one they dont use... I have a really nice air rifle, scope and bag for swaps if none of the above suits. but where the rifle is concerned it has to be for a flat bow please email me for details p.s. if a swap is done cos the rifle is heavy I would prefer a meetup swapy or collected in person.
the rifle is almost brand new having shot about 8 pellets. cant put a photo up but its absolutely mint break barrel 22 cal almost up to the legal limit. the scope is 4x32 with flip up covers and its in a fleece lined realtree bag the gun is smk xs19 with a scope the stock is dark and there is not a mark on it...
if you have a look at smk xs19 on the web you will have seen it.
am wanting american flatbow or a hunter/field bow in first class condition right handed with a draw weight between 40lbs and 60lbs....
pm if you are interested I would consider a compound but as specified in this thread quite early on

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Whereabouts are you?

I know of at least 3 in Leeds, several in S.Yorks, Halifax, Sowerby Bridge, Mine is in Bingley and I am in the process of joining a field club nr Leeds.

Although a couple of those I know of would make your club seem quite progressive and forward thinking!

I don't know if this is the club that Marcelxl is talking about but I have shot for some years with Wyre Hall Field Archers nr. Leeds. Just do a search on the net and you'll get the info.

Fantastic bunch to shoot with, certainly not stick-in-the-muds. Will be flexible on your bow choice...and are seriously good archers who shoot field archery at national level (not me - lol - I just twang an arrow now and again). I know I might be bias, but they are the best bunch of archers I have shot with, and I've had a bow in my hand for a while now - if you get my drift!!!

kawasemi

Last edited:

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
hi thanks for the advice when I get a suitable bow I am seriously intending to go along as marcs guest cheers

I don't know if this is the club that Marcelxl is talking about but I have shot for some years with Wyre Hall Field Archers nr. Leeds. Just do a search on the net and you'll get the info.

Fantastic bunch to shoot with, certainly not stick-in-the-muds. Will be flexible on your bow choice...and are seriously good archers who shoot field archery at national level (not me - lol - I just twang an arrow now and again). I know I might be bias, but they are the best bunch of archers I have shot with, and I've had a bow in my hand for a while now - if you get my drift!!!

kawasemi[/QUOTE]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE