Wanted: Air Arms S410 Carbine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Hi guys.........does anyone have one of these beauties they are considering parting with?

I'd love one but missed the last one that was sold on here. :AR15firin

.Dai.

Jan 28, 2006
Pembrokeshire, S W Wales
I've got a S400k with a Rowan Engineering 8 shot kit on it if that's any good? I had a S410k as well and preferred the S400 TBH.

Let me know if you'd be interested.

Kind regards,

Dai

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Hi Dai,

Many thanks for the offer mate, but I really got my heart set on the S410.

All the best,

Kim :D

hunter mark

Jul 26, 2009
South Bedfordshire
hello mate

have a look at the air arms owners club or Airgun BBS - S410s are always coming up for sale on both sites. The BBS is a monster of a forum with a busy sales section. AAOC a lot smaller but the friendliest forum around.

Good choice though - my own s400 punches well above its weight & pound for pound I dont think the S4*0 can be beaten - even against much more expensive rifles.

happy hunting

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Thanks Mark, appreciate the advice.

I seemed to have made a terrible mistake and gone out at the weekend and accidently bought a new S510........with walnut stock!!! haha.

SWMBO has booked us into Relate for an appointment haha

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
First impresions are excellent Tony. It's the sidelever with thumbhole stock btw. Very well built. The sidelever felt a much more 'positive' action when I was in the shop and felt just right for me. Right out the box I managed to get a 5 shot 10p grouping with an old simmons scope at 30 metres......and I am a cr*p shot! Very impressed with that.
Now just got to get myself a half decent quality scope, was thinking of a Hawke Varmint II, what do you think?

leon-1

Hi mate, I have one of the older S410TDR's and I also own an AA Pro-Sport. The hawke scope looks nice enough, but to be honest I am more of a fan of Bushnell.

Have a look at the Bushnell trophy range, nothing fancy just the 3-9 x 40 fitted with a medium height single piece scope mount that will take a scope with a 1" tube and take about a 45mm objective lens size for the scope (it means that the scope is closer to the projectile path and fitted low over the barrel).

If you can then get the stock fitted with a QD stud / sling mount you can then attach either a Harris Bipod or a Harris clone to the rifle to give that little extra stability.:)

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Hi Leon,

Thanks for the advice about the scope mate.

I did look at the TDR and really liked it but for some reason the S510 just beckoned me over and wouldn't let me go! :rolleyes:

I had thought of a Harris bipod but really hate the thought of putting a screw into the lovely wood - is there any other type of mount available?

Cheers :D

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I wouldn't bother with a bipod to be honest. The only time I've ever felt I needed a bipod was when I was firing a GPMG! I feel I can get a better shot from the prone then with a bipod.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Ive fitted a harris bipod to the bottle on my daystate air ranger and find it great as my main hide is set up for prone shooting.
I understand what you mean about screwing into the stock however.
Soloman.

smallholder

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2009
Cornwall
There are quite a few different bipods mounting systems avalible, if you don't want to drill holes there are barrel mount around. I have bipods on my rimfires and i think they can improve your shooting a lot.

Remember shoot lots of paper before any live quarry, all your shots should be in a 10p piece size everytime.

hunter mark

Jul 26, 2009
South Bedfordshire
hello again. S510! great. The sidelevers neat. What calibre did you buy - .177 I hope! feed it with AA Fields in 4.51 or 4.52 or JSB exact or H & N Field target trophy & you wont go to far wrong.

If you have never shot before or are new to air, make sure you get plenty of range time before you start going out in the field shooting at live quarry. if you zero at 25m & then shoot paper targets at 8m, 10 etc at 5m intervals out to 45m you will see how distance & gravity affect the trajectory of the pellet ie low at closer & further away then zero. all you have to do then is learn how to read the wind & find out how it effects your little 8.4 grain pellet. If you have bought a .22 then you will see an even more pronounced trajectory than with 177 - which will mean that your rangefinding will have to be spot on so you know how much aim off to apply

Dont know about a thumbhole though - sporters have always been my choice as I always shoot with a 'thumb up' hold.

I have never bothered with a bipod as my prone stance with a PCP is good enough not to have to worry about stability. I do a bit of HFT - its just practice, practice & more pracice that lets you work out whats good & whats not. You will be the most stable off a pod though - makes 45m shots a lot more plausable.

My air rifle of choice is always my AA TXHC though - up the springers!

As regards scopes - the worlds your oyster depending on how much you want to spend. The HFT circuit is dominated by the edgar brothers 'sniper' fixed 10x, Bushnell 6500 or one of the many Leupolds. the smart money is being spent on small objective lens scopes and low magnifications - many have gone to 40mm or smaller front lens diameters to give a fuller field of view. Burris are also becoming very popular with the Fullfield 2 a good bet without having to remortgage your house. theres a load of other that give very respectable performance - such as Falcon, Bushnell 3200, MTC viper/cobra or something like the Hawke range are ok. I would look on the BBS - there are lots of second hand bargains out there.

Also have a look on the Air Arms Owners Club - especially if you are new to air rifles - theres load of really useful info on there.

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Thanks Mark for the comprehensive advice! Much appreciated mate.

btw it's a .22, and yep - I've joined the AA owners club and got loads of help.

Thanks again :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE