Walnuts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
Today got a small haul off walnuts should have got a lot but people beat me to them this year .Iv changed my avatar to the walnuts as there is no option to upload pics available to me on this site .

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
I live in a walnut region & I have 3 mature walnut trees in the garden & they are some trees growing in fields & along the sides of the roads.
Harvests haven't been great for the last 4 years due to frosts in may, which kills the flowers.
If you want to keep the nuts for any length of time, you have to lay them out & dry them for a few weeks before storage.

Reactions: Toddy

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
I live in a walnut region & I have 3 mature walnut trees in the garden & they are some trees growing in fields & along the sides of the roads.
Harvests haven't been great for the last 4 years due to frosts in may, which kills the flowers.
If you want to keep the nuts for any length of time, you have to lay them out & dry them for a few weeks before storage.
There drying right now

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
To much bother the site should have a direct means to do.
It’s easy enough and gives you your own control over pictures. It also gives a bigger picture than the pictures hosted here by those that are full members and definitely bigger than your avatar picture which doesn’t look like anything.

Try it, you might like it….

Reactions: Toddy

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
It’s easy enough and gives you your own control over pictures. It also gives a bigger picture than the pictures hosted here by those that are full members and definitely bigger than your avatar picture which doesn’t look like anything.

Try it, you might like it….
Ok ty

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
To much bother the site should have a direct means to do.
It does, but it costs a basic membership. The forum has overheads, software to pay for etc. Admin and moderators don‘t get paid for their efforts in keeping the place running either, they do it to because they like this little corner of the internet and help nurture it.

I think it’s £15 a year, about 4p a day. Not a lot if you want to use the software to upload pics, it used to be that all pics had to be hosted on Photobucket or Flickr and thats what we all used, it isn’t that much hassle If you don’t have the means.

Reactions: gg012

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
It does, but it costs a basic membership. The forum has overheads, software to pay for etc. Admin and moderators don‘t get paid for their efforts in keeping the place running either, they do it to because they like this little corner of the internet and help nurture it.

I think it’s £15 a year, about 4p a day. Not a lot if you want to use the software to upload pics, it used to be that all pics had to be hosted on Photobucket or Flickr and thats what we all used, it isn’t that much hassle If you don’t have the means.
Ok thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE