Walnut Whittlers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Made a couple of walnut handled whittling knives for one of our members here, he wanted another two as his boys keep pinching the one I made for him a while back, they should be please with these two.
The blades are Hultafors with there Japanese steel, the tangs are 8.5 cm, blades are 6.3cm and one is 5.7 cm. Just need to give them a bit of a polish and they are good to go.
Thanks for looking.

Walnutwhittlers009.jpg

Walnutwhittlers004.jpg

Last edited:

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Made a couple of walnut handled whittling knives for one of our members here, he wanted another two as his boys keep pinching the one I made for him a while back, they should be please with these two.
The blades are Hultafors with there Japanese steel, the tangs are 6.5 cm, blades are 6.3cm and one is 5.7 cm. Just need to give them a bit of a polish and they are good to go.
Thanks for looking.

Walnutwhittlers009.jpg

Walnutwhittlers004.jpg

Very nice Hugo - Now do they draw lots for choice or both in room and last one standing gets choice :rolleyes:

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'd say last one standing, be good to see :lmao:
The grain pattern on these look better when you handle them Roger mate, the bottom knife looks like it is strait grain but looking from the top down there is some nice swirls.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
I'd say last one standing, be good to see :lmao:
The grain pattern on these look better when you handle them Roger mate, the bottom knife looks like it is strait grain but looking from the top down there is some nice swirls.

Behave - I'm happy with mine and it cuts leather superb as well as whittling

I could always give them mora 106's and keep these :rolleyes:

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Another picture showing the better grain pattern on one of them, and the polished spine which you don't get with the usual Hultafors knife blades, my reflection holding the camera can be seen on the spine, along with a finger smudge.
polishedspine003.jpg

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for the kind comments, especially from you knife makers, shapes are nice Alf mate, was asked a couple of times to do bigger belly, all hand work making them, apart from slowly chain drilling the tang hole with a hand drill, bench one would be nice.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Hugo
I got my drill from Aldi and its doing fine but do not be tempted to buy a stand for a hand drill as the one I have is rubbish

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks Alf mate, I am always trawling the bay for a descent pillar drill, plenty there but not always near Brighton area
Axminster do some good ones, I want one with a rack and pinion table shift on it, also a round table.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Knives have arrived o.k. Thanks

Problem is I have all three in front of me and bugger the kids their mine all mine :lmao:

Maybe they will forget

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
If you keep them I do have some Polar whittlers you can view, tis only money, your money. :lmao:
Glad they arrived so fast Roger.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE