walking our way, a thought

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
As a group could we not put our experiances together and produce our own walking guide?

I am interested in doing the Ridgeway in the Autum and am interested in sites and areas that are suited to our minimalist needs. Some places dont like our approach, its the same problem that people get when slinging a hammock on site. Our desire for the low impact is not understood by the camper van and awning types. This has started out from my comments on my other posting.

S :)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I got involved in producing walks for a couple of books a few years ago called 'Walkers Britain'. Very hard work and there are tonnes of walking guides available on the market, and on sites on the Internet. Don't want to be a damp squibb but to do it properly would take a lot of effort on someones part.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Fred,

Not so much as a guide, as you say there are lots of books, just a list of places where it is possible to sling a tarp in relative seculsion with out causing offence or impact. This was started off as a direct result of my other posting. 'an adverse experiance or a confirmation'

We could just produce a comentary on a specific book or route. No more than a comment like try the SE corner of this site. Lots of places dont like our minimalist approach. As Groucho Marx once said 'Any club that would let me join, I wouldn't want to belong to!' Who wants to be next to a purple and yellow camper van with an awning...ugh!

Just a thought

S

an adverse experiance or a confirmation :confused: :twak: :grouphug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE