Walk to the river

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
Yesterday we took a walk out in the woods as I needed to check what the Hamble was like before Scout & Cub Camp next weekend.

Someone was rather keen to get going to begin with!! Proud to be carrying his rucksack as we're building up to a boys weekend hike & camp in the summer and he knows he will have to carry his share of the kit!!

DSC_0778_zpsnq4u5ipb.jpg

On our way through the woods we found some great examples of hoof (tinder) fungus. If my little Eagle eye hadn't spotted a fallen tree that had fallen to resemble a football goal I wouldn't have found these!!

DSC_0779_zpsdxy9knrh.jpg

DSC_0781_zpshpbpoc7b.jpg

DSCF2955_zpsiagiclst.JPG

Quick drink stop to re-hydrate from all the running around in the mud!

DSCF2944_zpsqzycfgjr.JPG

When we got to the river I was surprised how low it was and how little damage had been caused on the bank. The dog enjoyed a nice swim (and managed to clear the beach of other dogs due to being a little over excited...)

DSCF2946_zps7uneinfy.JPG

DSCF2952_zps3pqms2hc.JPG

DSCF2947_zpsuspxq8ns.JPG

DSCF2951_zpsfcomid80.JPG

DSCF2948_zpsonebi9ft.JPG

Just time for a quick brew before heading home.

DSC_0784_zpskhqmwl4h.jpg

Why is it they are happier to do the washing up when out and about, but wont do it at home...

DSC_0785_zpsoosixxom.jpg

When we got home he said he wanted to go on the computer. As soon as I asked him if he would like to help me split some kindling he jumped at the chance and soon forgot about the computer. Much easier to do these jobs when you've got a mate to help you :D

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Its amazing the difference when the kids are out and about. My lad is only three and he loves to be outside.

Love the SAT, great bit of kit as it never lets you down.

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
He loves being outdoors when he gets there, but sometimes needs encouragement to get out in the first place... It's tough being the son of the Scout Leader so I try to reward him with fun trips out to. He is also the only Beaver with his own knife so it has to come with some perks!

I love my SAT, it lives in my car boot all year round. When I'm on my own I have a modified kettle which sits in it to get a boil on quicker. And all fits inside a respirator case nicely.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE