Walk down Wales - 200 mile hike/camping session! Raising money for charity.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Hi guys

Im organising a charity event for the summer, a huge 200 mile walk fromm north to south wales.

We have very kindly been donated a website which is under construction as we speak to publicise the event and is going to be called WalkDownWales.com

The whole event will take around a week,  camping every night.

dates are not yet set up, currently we are looking for partcipants to take part and help us raise money for the coastguard.

if anyone has any suggestions or wants to take part or help with the planninng it would be greatley appreciated.

by the way, you dont have tto walk the full 200miles to take part, you can walk 1 mile to be  a part of it.

please get in touch if you would like more info.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
I'd be up for that depending on dates.

Can't give exact dates at the moment sorry fella as it's just too early to decide.

How's late august/early September suit you?

From experience this is gonna take about 8 or 9 days.

But maybee half way down we can book into a hostel for a night to re-vitalise and have a good scrub and a slap up meal.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
When you decide on dates post them up,I'm generally O.K. as long as I get a couple of weeks notice.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I live in West Swansea,near Mumbles.I'm a bit busy this week taking the chimney out of my house(know anyone who wants a diy chimney free to collector?) but I'm usually available for a wander.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
I love near Kilvey Hill so your not too far. We will meet up 1 day next week if you want, I'm looking for someone to help me plan everything out aswell, so you could be my guy ;)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The wife (then the fiance) and I walked from Bangor to Pontypool along more or less a straight line about 15 or so years ago. Great trip, any number of fabulous meals, wonderful views, and the two hottest weeks of the year (we did it in july). 180 miles, and I managed to spill a drink over her in just about every pub we stopped in. Best quote of the trip, from a dopey bar girl in Abergavenny: She asked where we had come from, so I said we had walked from Bangor. She replied "What, today?!" looking astonished. As if we could walk 150 miles in a day...

"Yes, you too can eat a huge bar of chocolate every day and stick lose more than a stone in weight in just 2 weeks! That's right, just 2 weeks. Send £25 for our secret method"

(Hint: 15 miles of walking with a heavy rucksack, too much gear, and 60+ degrees of heat every day is involved, plus being overweight and unfit at the start of the walk).

The only bad bit was the huge bog Mygneint that we got lost trying to skirt the edges of.

Despite all that, she's still with me.

Have a great trip. I'd love to do it, but I can't this year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE