walk + camp Goyt valley (pictures included)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 30, 2009
Manchester
Thought i'd share the pics from my latest outing.

I got the train from Stockport to New Mills, then followed the River Goyt up to Fernilee Reservoir. Then I went up into the plantation (with some nice semi natural bits) on the Western side of the reservoir and set up camp for the night.

The next day I woke up and walked back to New Mills pretty much due North across the moors in the sunshine! Plus, found an antler - I'm guessing Red Deer?

Was great, hope you like the pics.

Where I slept:
56989.jpg

Bench next to the fire:
56990.jpg

View to the left from my hammock in the morning:
56991.jpg

View to the right from my hammock in the morning:
56992.jpg

The antler:
56996.jpg

A few pics on the walk back to New Mills:
56995.jpg

You can just see Whaley Bridge in valley in the background:
56993.jpg

56994.jpg

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
cool bench, i like the way youve lashed it together with stuff that was lying around? good find on the antler, did you take it home with you ?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Nice pic's Ben,the Goyt valley was one of my first camping places me and a mate used to go after leaving school and before he joined the army,about 25yrs ago,were you by yourself?

ps bring your snorkeling kit this summer.

Aug 30, 2009
Manchester
Hey Stooboy - I took the rope with me (its one of the £shop washing line jobs- I'd recommend it)
Andy - Yeah just on my own, nice to get out in the piece and quiet once in a while! Ill defo bring it, although I just stepped on it, so a bit of glue is required!
QdanT - I took enough food and drink that didnt need cooking so didnt bother in the end - I dont drink tea/coffee either!

Thanks everyone for their nice comments :)

Ben

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE