Visit to Comrie Croft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dirk Diggler

Jan 19, 2009
Stockport
Hi,
I am going to Comrie Croft at the end of May after seeing it recommended on here, staying in one of the Swedish Kata, its a family trip so will have the Mrs, 10 yr old daughter and 13 yr old son with me, its also my first visit to Scotland i'm ashamed to say.
I have done a little bit of reading up but if anyone can recommend any particular walking/hiking routes, place to visit etc it would be great.
I was also thinking of taking my son to a bushcraft afternoon here... http://www.doitoutdoors.co.uk/#BushParentCHild
Anyone here know or recommend this place ?
Thanks in advance

Dirk Diggler

Jan 19, 2009
Stockport
Thanks for reply, i was thinking of taking my spech up there for a blast actually, looks like Comrie have some of there own singletrack, plenty of good mtb routes around there then i take it ?

Dirk Diggler

Jan 19, 2009
Stockport
Just had a look around google and i like the look of the walk up Ben Chonzie fron Glen Turret, looks easy enough to drag the kids along too, thats one day out sorted then, Thanks for the info.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
They have a granny gear climb up to the tree line then a red loop which is handcut singletrack with some nice features then a black loop with some steep chutes and drop offs. We then re rode the red loop and then there is a fast descent probably red, back blasting down thru the woods past the wild camp sites. 6km without repeating anything.

Walking up Ben Chonzie is normally done via the farm track in Glen Lednock. There is some nice waterfalls and pools for swimming up there.

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE