Virtual hand drill workshop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
is this actually elder ?

drillelder.jpg

Im such a noob.....

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
I just remembered that when I last dried some elder, just like yours Tom, I did a batch of 4 or five. A couple split lengthways with the drying. So it would be as well to prepare a few so that you are likely to get some good ones out of the batch.

In the past I have dried drills slowly in my shed with the bark on - takes a month or two, but less splitting.

Thanks for the ID Hedgehog, and the continued advice Rich, its all very much appreciated..

I'll collect some more tomorrow and let that dry more slowly, the one in the picture is actually bound to the beach drill from yesterday to encourage it to dry straighter than it might other-wise...

info: will do the elder collection tomorrow as Saturday, I upsticks and move to Keswick!! Im so excited.. I'm going to have Skiddaw as the view from my bedroom. Although I'm going to miss the flats of Cambridge

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE