Vintage Swiss gear-where to find it??

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
I've found myself liking the vintage swiss army stuff-especially the waxed canvas/ salt & pepper items.
I've been looking for a toolkit (can be seen hanging off the back of the rucksack here: https://www.wynnchester.co.uk/ )
and a original blanket for a while with no luck.

Any idea of a good source for these as they seem to be getting harder and harder to find?

Cheers!

I've found myself liking the vintage swiss army stuff-especially the waxed canvas/ salt & pepper items.
I've been looking for a toolkit (can be seen hanging off the back of the rucksack here: https://www.wynnchester.co.uk/ )
and a original blanket for a while with no luck.

Any idea of a good source for these as they seem to be getting harder and harder to find?

Cheers!
try this
eBay item number:

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
already have it lol

I have been loking around surplus stores but with not a lot of luck-maybe they don't advertise everything on their websites? bits and pieces do come up on ebay now and again just not very often so maybe its a case of checking out more "vintage" shops rather than surplus?

try this , not quite the same eBay item number:

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
cheers guys!
the blanket situation is crazy! Surplus and lost on ebay have some but im guessing they're copies as the originals are 100% wool. Probably end up buying a repro rather than spending a fortune trying to get one sent from the states!
Just emailed "Elshen"-im sure i've dealt with them before and got a folding lantern from them.
swisslink are good but you're looking £50 in postage to get the stuff here-thats a lot of gear to make it worthwhile! :-(

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
cheers guys!
the blanket situation is crazy! Surplus and lost on ebay have some but im guessing they're copies as the originals are 100% wool. Probably end up buying a repro rather than spending a fortune trying to get one sent from the states!
Just emailed "Elshen"-im sure i've dealt with them before and got a folding lantern from them.
swisslink are good but you're looking £50 in postage to get the stuff here-thats a lot of gear to make it worthwhile! :-(

If you go the repro route please let me know how they are. I thought the same with the surplus and lost blankets. Sorry didn't realise postage was so:yikes::yikes::yikes:

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
gutted as well-they've got some good stuff on there! theres a few places in the states doing the original blankets but i'm looking at £75 ish inc postage......not sure i want a blanket that badly! lol

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
lol if i had a spare £100 i'd be getting the hand woven and laced with gold swedish blanket flown into my back garden! to be fair though the hudson bay stuff is amazing...

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
lol if i had a spare £100 i'd be getting the hand woven and laced with gold swedish blanket flown into my back garden! to be fair though the hudson bay stuff is amazing...

Ah... just seemed a better proposition than spending £75 on just delivery :)

And in regards of the tool roll... can't find another one like it. Is it been upcycled with the leather trim do you think?

Only canvas & leather can find is https://www.buymilsurp.com/swiss-tool-roll-heavy-canvas-excellent-p-3848.html

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
you're right there-theres no way i'm spending that much just to get it here!

i saw a similar one on etsy but just missed it:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/213228541/vintage-swiss-army-tool-roll-bag-for?ref=favs_view_17

reckon wynchester just waxed it to make it a similar colour to the bag maybe?

Dunno, seem rare though

Only found a someone using one to hold their leather tooling.

Searching for 'Schweizer Werkzeugrolle' (Swiss tool roll in german) throws up an old ebay.it for similar design, though brown canvas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE