Viking Turnshoes & Yew Awl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
This is great stuff as allways Hamish.
You join form and function in a unique way that makes your stuff really stand out.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Blinding work as usual mate!

Where do you manage to get all your leather from though?

Dave

I buy most of my stuff from leprevo, usually in their special offers as they always have unique stuff in there ;)

appalling work....absolutely shoddy...... you should be ashamed of yourself.

nah, looks ace mate ;)

ha thanks bud :)

Cracking work as always mate.
Andy

Thanks Andy your buckles and D rings really add to the leather

chassybold

Dec 30, 2010
United Kingdom
I'm intrigued, have had some roe deer antler lying around for a while, how would you fit it over the handle to use it as an end cap? As in, would you have to hollow it out to the correct size... if that makes sense? :)
Thanks for any time given in replying :)

Dreadhead

I'm intrigued, have had some roe deer antler lying around for a while, how would you fit it over the handle to use it as an end cap? As in, would you have to hollow it out to the correct size... if that makes sense? :)
Thanks for any time given in replying :)

I cut the antler to size and drilled a large hole through it. I then turned the wood on a lathe, making one side small enough to slot into the antler. i then glued the antler on securely and sanded it all down flush. The lathe helped a lot with this but im sure it could be done by hand just need a lot more elbow grease

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
That's beautiful work, thanks for sharing! From the groupings picture 1 appeals most to me.

I especially love the shoes! I wear minimalist shoes for about two years now, and always wanted to have plain leather shoes. I finally found a small company in Germany who makes them as home shoes for kids, but do them without the kids-stuff and in any size you want. They are quite good, but not perfect. Yours look perfect, and made to someones feet I guess the most comfortable shoes you can imagine!

Dreadhead

That's beautiful work, thanks for sharing! From the groupings picture 1 appeals most to me.

I especially love the shoes! I wear minimalist shoes for about two years now, and always wanted to have plain leather shoes. I finally found a small company in Germany who makes them as home shoes for kids, but do them without the kids-stuff and in any size you want. They are quite good, but not perfect. Yours look perfect, and made to someones feet I guess the most comfortable shoes you can imagine!

Thankyou :) i have had the same problem trying to find comfortable minimalist shoes. I was a big fan of soft star shoes in the US, but not the price! i much prefer making my own this way

Cracking work, well done. How do the shoes hold up in the wet do you lose much grip?

surprisingly they aren't too bad in the wet. I had some soft star shoes that were terrible in wet weather but mine don't slip much. i used 3.5mm cowside so it is flexible but very tough

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE