Video review of one of my S4 types

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi folks.

A chap from the US who bought a knife from me recently was kind enough to do a video review/test. Had me cringing :)

[video=youtube;G1_eRCFbfbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1_eRCFbfbM&feature=pl ayer_embedded[/video]

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Fantastic mate, well done. I just wish I'd not been a cheapskate and gone with the stainless instead of the 01 but still love mine best knife I've ever owned and used by far.

Sep 18, 2010
Florida
Great knife from a great maker. Mark was a pleasure to deal with during my transaction with him, this is my knife and as you can see... It's tough as nails. Couldn't be happier, and thanks again Mark for making it for me :cool:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Justly deserved feedback Mark. International seller now eh? "Ooooh look at 'im!" :lmao:I noticed the's no makers mark on the blade, or did I just miss that?

I must admit when the pounding started Redman866 I was wincing a bit too, but you really put it through its paces and when you said it had warped my heart sank a bit, but I'm glad it sprang back into shape again. Did the knife come with a sheath as well?

Anyway well done Mark. Really pleased for you.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks for the comments folks :)

I knew the knife was going to be OK, as i'd spoke to Steve before he sent me the video. But that still didn't stop me wincing watching it get hammered through the oak. :D

Didn't know you were on here Steve. Seems you get about a bit :D Glad your happy mate.

Aaron.... there is no makers mark on the blade. Steve wanted it on the spine if possible but it wasn't so he requested none at all as he likes a clean blade/profile. I have no issuse with it :)

That warpage and spring back was just the blade being tough as old boots. It was heat treated to be that way. Pointless having a super hard knife that couldn't handle the pressures of what it was put through. Toughness over hardness is always better on a knife thats likely to get some hammer. :)

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Wow, very nice knife and tough as a tank. I was really impressed to see it slicing paper after going through so much oak.
HillBill, it must be quite satisfying to make a knife and then after sending it off you get to see it again in a video (not to mention seeing it being given a good workout):)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Looks like a really nice knife. Fit for purpose. I had one of the bayley ones for a while, and liked it, but I wouldnt have dared do that to it.

I'd like to know how much one costs......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE