Victorinox new soldier

T

tommy11

I have a swiss army soldiers knife made in 2010.
I really like the large saw on it and the blade is locking with one hand opening system, albeit for left handers.

I know some people don't like the serrations on the blade but I've had this knife for about a year and I'm well impressed.

Anyone else own one?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I have a swiss army soldiers knife made in 2010.
I really like the large saw on it and the blade is locking with one hand opening system, albeit for left handers.
I know some people don't like the serrations on the blade but I've had this knife for about a year and I'm well impressed.
Anyone else own one?

No but I've been coveting one for some time. Interested that you say for left handers. (Very interesting to me, at least, as I'm left handed.:)) What in particular makes it left handed, do you think?

T

tommy11

The blade is generally alot easier to open with your left hand and the bits that you press to release the lock are pushed from left to right making it ideal for a lefty.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I recently got the standard Trailmaster, essentially a very similar knife but with a standard plain blade, ie, not one handed, and the older handle style. I really like it, the blade lock is the same as the new soldier and I find it no problem to operate right-handed. The fact that the screwdriver also locks is a real bonus. Just have to remember that I can't edc it if I pop to the shops or whatever.

Dave

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
I have had one for a while now and i think it is great. the serrations are actually really usefull and i can use the small amount of unseratednes for carving. The tools on it are really useful
although i do miss having scissors. All in i find it a really usefull knife (just wish i could carry it as edc)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE