Vibram "Five Fingers" (Shoes?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Came across this on a blog.. thought they were a bit odd! :)

anyone tried them?

large.jpg

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Looking at the site, they actually aren't for climbing, aimed more at trekking and fitness etc. Different versions for water sports too

Just look nuts to me.

My wife would have a fit if I got a pair, apparently I already have "monkey finger feet" (toes that look like fingers).. probably wouldn't make a pair that fitted ;)

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
What if you have different shaped toes? toes that are a bit closer together that then rub, longer or shorter than normal so there are gaps or are crammed into the ends, hammer toes etc etc etc

Toe shapes must have more variations than foot shape. And the stretch fabric doesnt include the ends of the toes by the looks of it. So seems like a bit of a odd idea to be.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
These were reviewed in canoe and kayak magazine. They are designed for small kayaks/playboats. Believe me, even my dagger GT is a bit cramped with very little foot room.Cramp can be a real issue when squeezed into one of these little boats for a couple of hours so any chance to move/wiggle your toes is a bonus.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
The answer to cramped feet in a Kayak?
Get a real canoe!:D

I agree John, we bought an Old Town Allagash last year - the great thing about the Dagger GT is that I can take it anywhere, long portages, steep portages - no issue.

The polylink Allagash at 17' 4" is a heavy brute. I am considering an old town Pack for solo use/easy portage (our rivers just have steep banks!!) any views?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have not used a Pack myself but for Light Weight and ease of portage on flat water to grade 2 white water I use a glassfibre canoe - the Birchcreek 16 a brill canoe and great for camping trips.

leon-1

What if you have different shaped toes? toes that are a bit closer together that then rub, longer or shorter than normal so there are gaps or are crammed into the ends, hammer toes etc etc etc

Toe shapes must have more variations than foot shape. And the stretch fabric doesnt include the ends of the toes by the looks of it. So seems like a bit of a odd idea to be.

I have met a few people who have used them and they claim that they are very comfortable.

I would like to see how they compare to moccasins though:D

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
If I could find a shop to try before I buy, I would be interested to see what they're like as I've heard good reports about them but I would be a bit concerned that the fit is more critical with these than a normal pair of shoes.

No UK stockists near me though so it would all be imported.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
office...... the over priced trendy shoe shop stocks them and if you have little feet in manchester you can get a pair in the sale shop just off st anns square for £10. I saw them a couple of days ago and lmao when i stopped chuckling I asked if they had them in my size .....alas not. Anyway if they had them in the sale store then they might stock them normaly.

Greg

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
took me long enough to get used to Tabi Boots cant imagine i'd ever find thos comfortable!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE