Vest, gilet, waistcoat....review and plea for wisdom

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
...but get in quick. Paramo are selling them direct with a 40% discount and free posting (in the UK). They have scrapped the equivalent Halcon Jacket for the new Halkon (yes the spelling has changed as well) Traveller. No longer Bushcrafty green or sand but charcoal grey :frown:.

Another example of tried, tested and loved designs being scrapped :frown::frown:!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Halcon Vest is on the way out as well. There's still stock left in most sizes @ £60 instead of £100.

Link - https://www.paramo-clothing.com/en-gb/explore-range/product/?pk=0D7DC0C9-33DA-4698-BEBF-163142CE63DC

The new Craghoppers Gilet II is very similar but is more expensive than the Paramo at the moment - mind you, it is filling the gap if the Paramo stops...even has the same two colour choices. Well spotted Craghoppers marketing guys!

£21 for the Gilet I isn't bad though. Main difference is the Craghopper stuff is polyester and Paramo is the Nikwak Cotton +. Mind you, I love Craghoppers trousers. Tough, wash well over and over, cheap as chips and fit my weird shape perfectly :p.

K

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy-o
Nov 16, 2014
Canada
Tilley (yes, makers of the famous hat) have two options that you may like. I have a first generation one (it has done some travelling in hot climes) that is now called the Voyageur I believe.
In the winter, I wear a Filson Makinaw vest.
Cheers, Wullie

Reactions: bigbear and Billy-o

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I am for BDU jackets for glasses and kerchiefs etc. But dearest wife loathes them.

Also, those French labourer jackets are good. Get them in sales (£70) in heavy linen or cotton twill - used to be just blue, but there is a ton of colours nowadays. There's a BBC gardening guy wears them in case nearest and dearest need convincing

Vetra is one brand. There's a few others. Also search chore coat - but they'll be more wintery

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE