very wierd

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
I wouldn't worry about that too much
I've got 3 years before I'm debt free and then I'm gone
It'll be a case of me my bike my tent and pack. and wherever the wind happens to blow me that particular day
I can't remember the guys name. Cody Lundin, that kinda deal

I think it is possible i could be classed as nutter by 'normal' people, is it a nutter who wants to get a boat journey and live on Barra Head? I have this growing desire to sell all my ****e that i can't carry, pack in my flat and move to the island and live on wild birds and seafood and the crops i grow until i die

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
I must admit, I do tend to keep my mouth closed about certain things these days. I do love winding some people up, but the fun goes out of it after a while.
If I'm feeling particularly provocative, and have found a suitable target, I'll follow up the bombshell about the TV, by telling them I make my own biodiesel. This usually gets a bit of foam coming from their mouth.
By the time I tell them that I don't go down the pub, and intend to get my yachtmasters certificate by the time I'm 40, they are displaying the signs of advanced rabies.
Each to their own, I suppose.........

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Hmm, I see why I joined some like minded folks here. Haven't had a TV in years - though still regularly get threatening letters! No land line or internet. (can't afford it at the moment). Read a lot. Girlfriend say's it's like trying to contact a blind/deaf hermit. (She lives thousands of miles away). I like writing letters though! And folks find in quite novel getting a hand written letter these days. Miss work though, desperate to get back when the docs say it's OK.

The 'writing letters' I agree with wholeheartedly. I spent a lot of time in the grey funnel line and the changes in personal communication from when I joined to when I left was staggering. My last deployment was 9 months looking after the Iraqi oil pumps. We were a trial ship for a few bits of kit and basically had slow broadband internet access we were also able to get an occasional rugby or football game sent down the military satellite. However when the paraffin parrot went ashore to pick up mail the joy in getting a letter or package far outweighed the many emails received. It's a very tactile thing holding a letter whilst reading and re-reading it. It would usually be a quiet period after the mail was dished out. I was single at the time and basically had a deep and meaningful relationship with Amazon so I would have something in my mail rack.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
You know you live a solitary life when you buy things on ebay for the sales feedback

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
I already know I live a solitary life. I kinda prefer it
Solitude.....
The extent of my social interaction is saying "good morning, large cappuccino two sugars" to the lady in the garage
And on an off day telling my boss to.... ( politically incorrect statement )

Normally when someone starts talking tech I just kinda switch off and maybe every so often mutter a yes, no , never heard of it ( incoherently ) and yawn

I still read paperbacks some are that old they're falling apart and have that funny musty whiff to em

You know you live a solitary life when you buy things on ebay for the sales feedback

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I buy second hand books specifically for that smell, reminds me of old libraries i went to as a kid

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE