Very Thin and delicate leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Lining for an item of thicker leather? Patches on jumper elbows etc? Things like tobacco pouches? Small sami style coffee bags?

What thickness exactly? It will sew on a sewing machine. You could double it up - and sew it together with multiple rows of stitches to increase its strength?

Reactions: Toddy

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Pooh.

If you made this into a jacket, -it would tear to shreds the first time you put it on.

This is seriously light leather.

But, could make linings, or possibly leather embroidery.

Reactions: MrEd

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It makes fine pouches for jewellery, for medicine bag type things...the pendant type ones.
It gets used to make miniatures :) It can be used to decorate clothing and to line collars, etc.,
Good for inner bands of hats too.

M

Reactions: Burty_00 and MrEd

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Piping and edging for light-use objects; lining for pouches.

Last year I got some lightweight leather in a bright swirly pattern. OH wants me to make her a pouch for her spectacles: it's so flashy that she won't need to be wearing her specs to find the pouch.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Very fine, scrubbed leather is often used as the surface for musical instrument cases. In this day and time, some sort of a faux covering is used on the cheap cases. I would not want to put any sort of a load on it.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Wrist watch straps are made of such leather, isn't it?

Preservatives for reenactment of medieval times, seriously.

Reactions: Keith_Beef

Burty_00

Jan 25, 2023
South Lincolnshire
I've used thinner pieces of pigskin (area behind the front legs or in front of the back legs) for pouches with a simple draw cord to hold coins etc. It's years old now and going strong.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE