Very Sad Question (Ultimate Force)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
I'm ashamed to admit it but the fact that I can't identify the Knife Ross Kemp was wearing in the last episode of Ultimate Force is bugging me. :sad6: I am thinking SRK or Fallkniven but the sheath doesn't look right for either. It could just be a cheapo job of course!

Mark

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I spotted that too. I am thinking Fallkniven, it appeared to be shiny and the SRK is all black. Maybe it will make an appearance in future episodes of the "ham acted, poorly directed and abismally scripted" portrayal of the Brit miliatary :rolleyes:

leon-1

innocent bystander said:
Just have - best offer so far is a cold steel srk !!

I am sorry gents, but I think you are wrong. Cold Steel, yes. SRK, no, the blade is not black as previously stated and it would also appear to be shorter than an SRK.

I think you should be looking at the Cold Steel Master Hunter, the handle style is correct, the blade length is about right and the blade is not dulled / blacked /anodised in any way.

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Mmmmmmm....

gruntmitchell39fp.jpg

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Looking at that picture I would bet money its the Cold Steel Hunter, just as Leon says. That handle is a CS, no doubt. I have the SRK and the ratio of handle to sheath isn't right for that blade lenght. I got my SRK in 1996 and it has just that kind of nylon sheath, with a D ring at tip. I only caught a glimpse on TV and didn't have a screen shot to go on.

Kind of an odd choice. I wonder if it was all that the props dept could get.

Hey Greywolf, what has my lack of military service got to do with anything? :confused: Maybe I was a little ott about the direction and script, but there was just something that didn't feel right, and it never has. The program is very contrived, for want of a better term. I can't help but compare Ultimate Force with The Shield (both have stocky bald blokes being insubordinate and applying plenty of violence whenever the chance arises). In that comparison UF is a little clunky. Still entertaining, but it doesn't shine, and I reckon that it could.

I am sure there have been some good threads on the various knife forums....idenify the movie blade. :D

leon-1

C_Claycomb said:
Looking at that picture I would bet money its the Cold Steel Hunter, just as Leon says. That handle is a CS, no doubt. I have the SRK and the ratio of handle to sheath isn't right for that blade lenght. I got my SRK in 1996 and it has just that kind of nylon sheath, with a D ring at tip. I only caught a glimpse on TV and didn't have a screen shot to go on.

Kind of an odd choice. I wonder if it was all that the props dept could get.

Hey Greywolf, what has my lack of military service got to do with anything? :confused: Maybe I was a little ott about the direction and script, but there was just something that didn't feel right, and it never has. The program is very contrived, for want of a better term. I can't help but compare Ultimate Force with The Shield (both have stocky bald blokes being insubordinate and applying plenty of violence whenever the chance arises). In that comparison UF is a little clunky. Still entertaining, but it doesn't shine, and I reckon that it could.

I am sure there have been some good threads on the various knife forums....idenify the movie blade. :D

Chris I must admit to having nearly been rolling around on the floor when they did the parachuting in bit, that was very much "now be carefull as you lower them down on that crane arm". It may as well of been in slow motion.

They mentioned the L97 as well, I am not aware of a L97 variant. L96, L96A1 and I believe that the super magnum is the L115A1, unfortunately as with most of these types of fairy tale you have to take them with a pinch of salt.

Sit back, relax and have a really decent chuckle at it, that's what I do :D

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
leon-1 said:
Sit back, relax and have a really decent chuckle at it, that's what I do :D

...or turn it off?! A friend of mine worked on the series for a while, and although it was good fun to do (working with fake blood, crocodiles and whatnot) she fully realised that it's not the most 100% accurate of programmes, and wasn't going to win too many awards!

I don't have a clue about the knife, by the way. From the picture it looks like a trowel. Perhaps Ross Kemp is off to do some tactical gardening?

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I cant believe we are having this discussion :lmao:

I've not seen this particular wonder of BBC entertainment but it sounds like it has all the appeal of a doctor who episode

Stop watching it, you'll rot your brain

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Folks,

So who was asking about the L97 Rifle?

Ordnance, Plasma, 20MW, L97

The British Army was something of a late convert to the man-portable heavy plasma gun, preferring to rely on a combination of machine guns and missile systems for direct fire support. However the increase in performance of the most recent generation of plasma weapons has seen the introduction of the LPW in the rifle sections and the L97 with the Direct Fire Platoons of battalion support companies. The L97 is a version of the Quinn-Darlan M2A2 PGMP licence produced by Quantum Industries in the UK.

The weapon is normally utilised from an ALPT in combination with the HL7 sight unit. In British service this weapon is used to provide long range precision attack on point targets or light vehicles in support of infantry attacks. There are 12 of these weapons in each British infantry battalion but normally only 6 are deployed with the Direct Fire Platoon. It is standard procedure for the L97 to be paired with a HMG or L95 LBSF, however doctrine for the use of this weapon is still in development.

Type: 20 MW Plasma Gun
Weight: 12kg (unloaded)
Length: 166cm ( Bulk = 6)
Action: Single Shots
Ammunition: 17x91mm 20MW megawatt Plasma Cells
Magazine: 10 round box magazine
Magazine Weight: 0.8kg
ROF: 1
Aimed Fire Range: 1700m
DP Value: (As tamped explosion EP 4)
Price: Lv1800 (Lv18 per disposable cell)

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dheb/2300/Europe/UK/UK/Britinfeq.htm

LS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE