Very cold case

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Found a lovely roe buck skull and a ram skull both complete with nice antlers/ horns and will be mounted and hung! I would have a punt on a sheep or maybe it could be a bit of human - teenager age or something?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not dog or goat...but beachlover has it. Or more specifically a boar I think given the other evidence....

Tusk by British Red, on Flickr

Sus scrofa domesticus I believe given the farming history of the property.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
It just happened to be fresh in my mind because a friend and I were talking yesterday about someone using goats to clear scrub off land and then planting Jerusalem artichokes for the pigs to do the digging, followed by chickens to fertilise the ground. John Seymour comes to mind but it may have been someone else.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I thought they were pig (Suidae) before the tusk. I found a similar jaw and tusk in an area of deep peat I'd just ploughed many moons ago up on a hillside. The local museum told me that it was a modern pig. Knowing the history of the land I kind've disagreed and though more along the lines of boar like you. Excellent pics though.

I'm not an expert but i also think .. Sus Scrofa

med_gallery_42_6_95548.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE