Vertabrae

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
That's the curse of being married to a nurse, I suppose, she took one look at this and said, "fused vertebrae"! So, there it is!

I decided that I'd just remove a bit of wood to highlight the grain patterns in this yew handle, so I did, and then I did again, and so on...

yew_toggle_1.jpg

The sheath has a spring clip to enable it to be attached to webbing or direct to a belt, or if using the dangler, to be quickly removed to deal with the inevitable, "can you just pop into Sainsburys on the way home?"

yew_toggle_2.jpg

It ain't perfect...

yew_toggle_3.jpg

It really ain't perfect...

yew_toggle_4.jpg

But, even though it looks weird, the grip is surprisingly comfortable no matter the size of your hands. I've passed it around to a few people and they all commented that is was a really comfortable grip and very secure. Most of them also started out with , "that's some weird looking creation this time, are you still taking your meds?"

yew_toggle_5.jpg

Anyway, the lumpy bit is 115mm, the shiny bit is 155mm. It's 01 steel at about 4mm. It's quite a lump this one, but should make a good beater! Not wanting to clog up this thread with cliche's, this "warts an' all" offering, which is a bit of a "Marmite" jobbie, is offered at a "once in a lifetime" "super special" price of only £75.00 RMSD to your door.

I though about just keeping on at this until it was either verging upon perfection, which is something I've never yet achieved - or am ever likely to - or until it was totally b******d! Going on previous performances, the latter was far more likely than the former, so I decided to just stop!

Only available to those of 18 years and over.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE