Venus and Jupiter….worth watching the sky tonight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've been looking forward to sitting atop the valley to witness this tonight, but unbelievably we've got a widespread covering of cloud over the past hour or so :(

I was up at 0400 this morning and have the same tomorrow, walk the dog a few hours then a double session at the gym, so I'm not taking any chances with the cloud, I'm off to sleep!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Its clear here right now, time 22.38 NE Scotland but its still to light, no stars visible yet but a lovely moon.

Yup, same here, it's not dark enough before they sink beneath the horizon. I'll have to try somewhere with a downhill view. Thanks mary still time for tomorrow night!

Edit;

Actually they are visible and a lot higher than I thought they would be. Venus easily outshining jupitewr

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
There was a wonderful view of this here. I sat atop a hill with the sunset before me, the full moon rising at my back and then they appeared in the still quite light sky about WNW. Venus was very bright.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Even on this very far away side of the country on the other side of the pond we had a lot of cloud cover - did get a brief chance to see it before the sky was completely dark, though. Amazes me how bright venus is right now!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE