Ventile trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Does anyone know where to get Ventile cargo trousers?
Or any Ventile trousers with 2 leg pockets at all?

/ Karl

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Country Innovation (www.countryinnovation.co.uk) also make a pair but only with 1 cargo pocket.

Having said that I was under the impression that ventile trousers weren't such a great idea ....... they get quite stiff when wet which after a while can cause ...... chaffing ;) !??

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Wow, it always amazes me how fast things work on this forum.

Thanks guys!!
Both sites look promising.

Hmmmmm, chafing... Wofffff... And in certain areas too...
Didn't think of that.
Hmmmmmmm... Something to consider...

/ Karl

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
No chafing on neither Johns Fenna nor Freds Gordon.... :)

That means I'm definitely getting a pair of ventile trousers.

Time to get busy and ask Hilltrek and Countrinnovation what they can do.
And see if SASS has some ventile.

Muchas Gracias everyone!!
It's great with all this knowledge!! :notworthy

/ Karl

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If anyone knows ventile its John Fenna, he's a walking advertisement for the stuff - Jackets, shirts, trousers you name it...:D

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I have a question about the Hilltrek stuff... Why do they laminate a waterproof layer in? if you're going to do that, why bother with ventile? there are plenty more hard wearing fabrics that can take a waterproof layer.

I'm not picking - I just don't get it. :(

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I have a question about the Hilltrek stuff... Why do they laminate a waterproof layer in? if you're going to do that, why bother with ventile? there are plenty more hard wearing fabrics that can take a waterproof layer.

I'm not picking - I just don't get it. :(

Hilltrek will do a simple single or double layer Ventile pair of trousers. Give Bill Brown a ring and talk to him. I think the stuff you are talking about is from a project they are currently doing with Paramo who are very interested in the possibilities of a garment using their textiles and Ventile. I was talking to them about it in their shop today and it looks good;)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Fred - it was my error... it was the other link:

http://www.countryinnovation.co.uk/Comersus/store/DataSheets/Kestrel.htm

"The Ventile® outer is combined with a lining that has a membrane bonded onto it making it completely waterproof and windproof."

That's what I was referring to. My bad!

No problem Squidders. Hilltrek are looking at combining Ventile with another fabric. I was thrown by the 'bonding'. I agree with your comments though. For me Ventile is great on its own.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE