Ventile laundering.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ignore the ironing - I just pull mine to shape.... but then I iron nothing at all (except seams when I am making garments!) as ironing increases the weakness of fabric by over bending individual fibres....

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Curiously enought I just laundered my Keela Ventile smock today. It says on the label dry cleaning only, can't see why unless it has something to do with the lining. I just used persil wool and silk liquid and the handwash setting on my washing machine with no spin and hung it up on a coathanger to dry.

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
Have washed my Westwinds smock with soap flakes on a 30 deg gentle machine cycle with moderate spin in the past. Extra rinse was needed on the first occasion if I remember correctly as soap flakes weren't as dissolvable as I thought. Dissolved it first and tipped it in the powder drawer when it started filling after that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE