Vehicle , base camp cook kit .

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Yep Norgs are well handy for keeping you fresh safe over a weekend with a few cooler blocks added :cool:

Indeed, that's the plan, arrive at woods, set up cook area, remove utensils and spices and place second container with the blocks and food (some frozen to add to the temp reg) back in the norgie. :)

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I've been building a large vehicle based camp kitchen since the end of last year, lot of same themes, Zarges, Norgie etc....

partner_stove_018.jpg

partner_stove_017.jpg

partner_stove_022.jpg

It's obviously a big kitchen setup, but it's all easy to pack and move. Bit too big for a car, but fine in the back of a landy or a good sized 4x4. It can be used under a tarp or inside a large-ish tent or tipi. It can hold enough food to feed 2 people for a month and the 6kg gas bottle will power the twin 10,000 BTU burners for an hour a day for 28 days.

If there is a weak point, it's the lifesaver water bottle, great bottle but too small for this kind of setup. It'll only clean about 500mls of water at a time, which is fine for backpacking, but it's a mismatch for the rest of this kitchen kit. What I would like is to replace it with a 20 litre lifesaver jerry can, but they have only just come onto the market and are hellishly expensive. Maybe I'll pony up for one when the price comes down a bit or they start appearing on ebay or on the army surplus market.

Last edited:

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
wish i could have that sort of gear but when u live at home and have to eplain to none bushcrafty rents why you need it. its not going to happen is it really unless i buy a van of course cos then i could store it all in my van and well it would be so much easier

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
wish i could have that sort of gear but when u live at home and have to eplain to none bushcrafty rents why you need it. its not going to happen is it really unless i buy a van of course cos then i could store it all in my van and well it would be so much easier

It's tough mate, even when you're 45 and own yer own house, you still have to do the same explaining to the missus. :lmao:

I wouldn't keep all yer kit in a van mate, it'll get robbed. Have you thought about renting a lockup off the council?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE