Veggie Curry Boil in the Bag Sale!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Last edited:
Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
looks tasty and cheap too! might be worth a mention with the exception of the biryani, they are Halal.

The whole range has the Halal markings on but they are also vegetarian, why this is so I don't know. I have checked the ingredients of my fave ones I picked up today and can find no mention of meat products. A lot of non meat products have Halal approved stamps on, my Special K red berries being one.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
To be honest and I hope no moderator is going to slam down on me for saying this I do wonder how boil in the bag meals can be described as "Bushcraft" notwithstanding I have not been known never to resort to MRE cos we are after all in the 21st century innit.

I suppose they are bushy if you have to open them with a woodlore knife and boil them over a real fire in an earthenware pot you threw and glazed yourself :)

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
To be honest and I hope no moderator is going to slam down on me for saying this I do wonder how boil in the bag meals can be described as "Bushcraft" notwithstanding I have not been known never to resort to MRE cos we are after all in the 21st century innit.

I suppose they are bushy if you have to open them with a woodlore knife and boil them over a real fire in an earthenware pot you threw and glazed yourself :)

Thanks for your input. Most helpful. :lmao:

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Thanks for your input. Most helpful. :lmao:

Well the trek down to my nearest Morrisons will involve me negotiating the better part of the Sowe Valley and that is almost the equivalent of crossing the Andes by Frog, not only that if I ever do get down there, they will be sure to have sold out.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden

I suppose they are bushy if you have to open them with a woodlore knife and boil them over a real fire in an earthenware pot you threw and glazed yourself

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

I don't use them for bushcrafting, but for a hot lunch at work, they're really good :)

M

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
A good point. But if w jst foraged and hunted, we would either go hungry or fall foul of property laws and laws about animal traps. One also has to take into account that there are many who take part in these forums who are mainly hikers and backpackers, for whom simple, quick to prepare meals are high;y desirable. And,most of us, if faced with a freshl;y killed rabbit or pheasant, wouldn't know where to start.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE