Vapalux M320 - clean/polish the aluminium frame? lube pump tube?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adey

Nov 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Got myself an old but minty M320 recently (to an extent because of the love people have for them right here on bushcraftuk)

The lamp has a nice patina on the brass which looks nice, but the aluminium frame (that runs from the paraffin bowl to the top cowl and supports the glass on the way) is a little shabby - Any suggestions on how to clean it up? Got some Solvol Autosol lying around

The other thing I want to sort is the pump tube. It seems to be rather dry, the leather is greasy with some green gunk and I can see green gunk inside the lamp at the end of the pump tube. Not sure if I should use a mineral oil or Vaseline to clean and lube

My last question is on age, how do you find out the manufacturing year? Cant seem to find any markings. It is silver bowl with green top, the spirit bowl has a little lifter gadget I havent seen on others

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE