Vango Juno 800

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I tried out this tent for the first time this weekend. Its bloody marvelous lads.

Five pegs to pin out the base, insert centre pole, peg four side guys and the whole thing is pitched in about five minutes (not joking, five minutes).

To give an idea of size, here is my lad, he is 6'3" tall

DSCF4404640x480.jpg

Full size airbed here

DSCF4405640x480.jpg

You have room for four full size beds with room to walk around in. It shed very heavy rain on Sunday morning with ease and condensation was not bad at all for the amount of material thats exposed.

The best £80 I've spend in ages and I can highly reccomend this tent.

Nigel came along a pitched a parrachute which let us have somewhere to sit in comfort and the fire bowl worked a treat; many thanks Nigel

DSCF4413640x480.jpg

DSCF4441640x480.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks like a good bit of kit Richard. It's good to see some decent photos of one as the catalogue pics make them look tiny. Obviously plenty of room in there.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Rich, you can fit four full size mats in there with room to walk around without tripping over kit.

I took along the new bivvy bag talked about in the kit section, I used it combined with a two season bag and was toastie war, and while it was not exposed to rain, there was no condensation in the bag come morning, it had 'breathed' very well.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I have the Juno 500, and totally agree - fantastic tents!
Embarrassingly simple to put up. And, if you set them up beneath a tree, you can do away with the central pole altogether since there is a loop at the apex so you can hook it up to a branch! This means the internal space is entirely free without a pole to move around. Coupled with the good head height, it means you have a great amount of space.
Highly recommended from me.
Never used one in the rain, mind you. I'm always a bit sceptical about single-skin tents in the rain - touch the fabric and capillary action tends to draw the rain through. Don't know if this happens in the Juno range, since I've not used one in the rain, however.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE